Lol. Sorry, I've been a bit busy the past few weeks and didn't really feel like blogging. School's starting and everything's settling quite nicely. Some of my subjects are a little more interesting now so I'm glad for that.
I nearly had a nervous breakdown when my english teacher was telling us about the year ahead of us. Gosh! I don't know whether 'scare-the-living-daylights-out-of-them' was the feeling she was aiming for but.. golly, did she achieve it! But I'm gonna take it a step at a time.. and try not to flip out. I know that God's got everything in control so I don't have any reason to stress. Just do my best and that's all that I can do. The rest is all in God's hand (few! what a relief!). We started by reading the Rime of the Ancient Mariner (a long long LONG poem by Samuel Coleridge). If you've never read this poem... it is mighty mighty long.. and has 7 parts! It's pages and pages!! Yikes.. the first reading was very tedious.. but after she explained what was going on.. and I read over it again.. then it began to make some sense. Quite a cool poem actually.. if you can be bothered to read through it.
We didn't watch P&P on sunday.. so I'm still busting to see it and have heard good things about it! We're planning this saturday before Nat & Paols party. Can't wait!!
I've been reading Homer's The Iliad. Everyone was telling me that it was really boring and long-winded. When I went to borrow it the Librarian said "A little light reading?" very sarcastically. But I'm quite enjoying it. I'm up to the bit where Patroclus dies (Achilles' cousin in Troy). The Iliad is quite a lot different than Troy.. but I still like Troy nonetheless. It had all the elements of the epic movie and was lightly based on the book. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you have an interest in either ancient history or war.. coz there are many long and tedious descriptions of this person killing that person and so on and so on.
I've been really hooked on House lately! It's such a best show! Definately the best that's on tv right now (though there's nothing much on). I love that it's exciting, funny, witty, and well written. It's so good that there's a love story on the side (as opposed to being the focus of the show.. e.g. in Grey's Anatomy). It's just such a good show! If you don't watch it already.. you should! It might even increase your medical knowledge (lol!).
Starting Monday I'll be in a new maths class.. because my maths teacher's going to teach 4U only.. so.. we don't get to have her. It's pretty sad because I've had her for 4 years now and. guess I'll miss having her as a teacher. She was really funny and very approachable. We had a party today and she bought pizza for us from Dominoes that went like a rocket! Beforehand our class organised to get her a $40 book voucher (because she absolutely LOVES reading books).. a box of flowers.. a nice big card that my friend designed with messages from all of us... and a framed photo of her with the class. She was so surprised and happy about it so.. I'm glad. We thought we owed it to her for everything that she's done for us.. (and everything we did to her.. lol.. jks). We were kinda hoping she'd be moved to tears but apparently she doesn't cry.. haha.. at least not in public. But she really appreciated it and was very grateful so yeah... I'm very very glad!
Oh yeah! My Mum and I now have a new hobby!! Somehow we just got into making jewellery. Like necklaces, bracelets and earrings. It's really fun actually! I would've never though I'd have the patience to make jewellery but surprisingly.. I have just enough! hehe. It's fun.. especially when we're both doing it at night.. and I'm doing it while watching tv. And it's cool coz you can tailor it to suit your own body. I've made a few pairs of earrings now and 1 bracelet. My Mum's made heaps of necklaces.. so now I've got a whole stack of them. Haha... so if you notice me wearing more jewellery than I usually do (which is not much).. then that's why. Though.. it's not a very cheap hobby so if you want to take it up.. be prepared!!! Lol.
It was really great to see everyone sitting together last sunday. It felt like we were really together! So.. I'm happy bout that.. hope it will continue! =D
Ok.. think I'll leave it there for now! Ciao!
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
cant believe we're in yr 12... sigh.. well our eng class is pretty behind.. we've only done the first poem and that was pretty short..
well im glad u've been having fun... yeh me and my sisters had a period where we were so into making jewellery.. ive made like 5 pairs.. and then my sis went to london and we all stopped..
im soo gonna miss ms jagger.. i sound soo corny hey.. hehe
heyhey!.. jenny makes cheap jewellery too!!..
i'm actually quite nervous about going to maths.. wat if she goes really fast and is really crap..
i'm actually really emotional these days... [sigh]. i'll tell you about them at sch..
laters.. have fun.!
tommy. yup that's right.. sorry i didn't notice the mistake (was in a bit of a rush typing it up) hehe. What would I do without you?!?! *wink*
Jbo. Yeah it's quite fun.. but really frustrating when you drop all the beads (has happened a few times before hehe). Yeah I'll miss her too. But sometimes change can be a good thing. Just give it some time.. we'll probably all adjust to Mrs Posener.
Huey. Dude! It's not CHEAP ok! Aiiiyayaii.. =P
Yeah I was a bit nervous on the monday.. but she's alright.. keeps you awake at least. She does go really fast.. but I kinda like her style of teaching.. it gives u lots of opportunities to think. Really scary when she points to u and expects an answer in like 5 seconds though.
Yes.. I've noticed that you've been a bit emotional.. hehe. Well you haven't told me about them yet so I'm gonna have to ask you now ;) .. cya!
Post a Comment