Had a formal committee meeting the other day. It's only supposed to be one person from each friendship group.. but my whole group just ended up walking in for some reason.. lol. So far.. the plan is to have it at Waters Edge, on Pier 1 near The Rocks. I've never been there but apparently it's a really nice place.. everyone's pretty excited about.. already planning what dress to wear and all.. you know how girls are ;)
I've had a runny nose and dry cough the past few days. I don't think I'd really consider myself sick.. but I dunno what it is? Could just be sinus or allergy or something? Either way.. feels like there's a river stuck up my nose.. lol.. but I think it's slowly going away now. I wanted to go swimming tomorrow but dunno if i should.. runny nose and all.. i don't think other people would appreciate that.
My auntie, uncle, and cousin stayed over at my place from Thursday-Sunday. My cousin studies in Melbourne and her parents were visiting her so they all decided to stop by and visit us too! On Thursday night we went to Hurricane's and ate the ribs of course! Mmmm really nice. Then my auntie bought gelato from Pompeii's!! Omgosh I have never tasted nicer gelato (not to mention more expensive gelato!)!! She bought the Fererro Rocher and Strawberry flabours. Guess it's ok that the gelato's more expensive seeing as they use fresh ingredients and all. Mmmm delicious! Sad that they didn't sell Green Tea.. but mmm........ so nice anyway!
I've started reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I loved The Magician's Nephew!! That is such a good book! I just love the way it's written (not as much as Pride & Prejudice) lol.. but it's still good, though I can't really explain why. The other good thing is that it's really straight forward.. no dilly-dallying about. I've also re-read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Last time I read it I had no idea about all the Christian parallels. I'm about to start The Horse and His Boy now. This guy at my Mum's office saw me reading it and said that it was "Christian Propaganda". Kinda offended me actually. I don't think it's Christian propaganda at all!! Yes it's written by a Christian author and it's got Christian parallels.. but no way is it propaganda! You could read it from a Christian's point of view or you could just read it as another good novel. Either way... they're still great books.
I watched Grey's Anatomy last night. I don't follow it but I was eating (my Mum cooked Singapore Crab.. mmm yum!) and so I decided to watch it. It was such a good episode!! So sad that they couldn't save the girl.. and how Dr Shepherd told her her toes were moving when really they weren't. If you didn't watch it... there was a train accident.. and this girl and this man got skewered by a metal pipe thing.. and they couldn't save both of them so they had to move the girl and try to save the man because he had more of a chance of living than she did. So sad!!! Christina's hilarious (the asian chick).. she's such a good actor! Lol anyway... guess it's kinda like the new ER.. but better in my opinion.
Ooooo something's happening on the 2nd of December (unless it gets changed hehe)!!! How exciting!! I think the girls have a little idea of what it is.. hehe... but we're waiting for the official announcement this sunday. Sounds like fun!
'Tis well to be bereft of promis'd good,
That we may lift the soul, and contemplate
With lively joy the joys we cannot share.
- This Lime-Tree Bower My Prison
by S.T. Coleridge
That we may lift the soul, and contemplate
With lively joy the joys we cannot share.
- This Lime-Tree Bower My Prison
by S.T. Coleridge
2 comments:
that was soo funny how ms jones kept calling u evelyn!! hahaha.. i think it was the only time when the whole class was laughing and relaxed when ms jones is there.. hehe..
im sick too.. but im still considering swimming.. need some exercise..
yeh christinas really funny.. did u watch the bit when she burst out crying and couldnt stop herself? and she was getting all pissed..
J.Bo: Yeah she does it a lot man!.. but nah.. she's alright most of the times.. pretty funny.
Tommy: oh do you think the 2nd is a formal? =P.. well if it is I don't mind.. I love getting dressed up and seeing other people dressed up.. it's fun! Guess we'll find out on sunday..
Post a Comment