Monday, March 27, 2006

Racial Harmony Day..

So last Friday we celebrated Racial Harmony Day at my school. It was such a fun day (except being chased by a freaky teacher.. but let's not get into that!) with lots of performances (mostly dances) which were just incredibly awesome!! I took videos of some of the dances.. including the one that Nat was in (lol.. I wonder if I'm gonna get bashed for this) so if anyone is interested let me know and I'll lend you the cd with them on it. All these really talented girls from my school performed dances.. including latin american, african, indian/sri lanken, aboriginal, pacific islanders, chinese, greek, and I think persian or something like that. I had no idea so many girls in my school were in touch with their cultural roots.. it's actually quite amazing. I felt very.. cultureless (if that makes sense) lol. Anyway had a really awesome and unforgettable day all in all.
Here's some pics..

My friend Bob (well that's what we call her =P) & I dressed in Salwar Khamis' (I think that's how you spell it!), courtesy of my friend Nayna. She practically lent her whole wardrobe out to us haha. LOOOVEEE the clothes, they're absolutely beautiful!!


With my Biology teacher (everyone except me and Bob are dressed in Sari's.. I think).

Boys performing an Aboriginal dance.


Girls from my school performing a Pacific Islander dance.. they were really good!! I wish I'd taken a video of them.
A girl from my school doing a Balinese dance.
Some of my friends with my wacky Maths teacher (also wearing a Sari.. lol seemed to be the big thing on the day!)

Group photo (sorta two groups there). So colourful huh!

No comments: