So it's the weekend again. Today my friend belinda and I spent half a free period aimlessly walking round the school, rather irresponsibly.. lol I don't know why.. guess we just felt like mucking around. I laughed sooo hard.. highlight of my day hehe. Life seems so much better when you add a few laughs to it.
I also met up with Michelle, Natasha, and Alison for lunch today. It was really cool. We sat and discussed the purpose of life because Alison was reading The Purpose Driven Life. So it was really cool to discuss that and just get together and chat about life with God.
I borrowed the soundtrack of Finding Neverland from my friend. The songs are sooooooo beautiful!!! There are these piano pieces that I LOVE! I wanna buy it if I can find it anywhere.. which I can't seem to do.. Really beautiful music. One thing that I love about soundtracks is that you can walk around with your music player and have your own little soundtrack of your life. Really cool.
Time goes by really quickly. I can't believe my brother's getting married in less than a month! That's soo cool!! I'm going to get my dress altered tomorrow because (of course!) it's too long for me.
After I got home from church on Sunday I watched the last 4 episodes of P&P. I'm STILL in love with it! But I tend to skip all the bits that I don't really care much for (like all that business with Lydia) and just watch the parts with Darcy and Elizabeth. (sigh) Brilliant! Love it. My love for Colin Firth as Darcy has been renewed.. lol. The movie's out on dvd now.. bad news is that I don't think they have the alternate ending on the dvd.. what a bummer!! Hmm but I'll still get it later when it gets cheaper.
Assessments are coming closer and closer. I'm slightly stressed (the good type of stress which psyches you up so you can study) because I'll be out most of the day on Saturday (which is usually the day I do all my school work) so I'll have to make some time to do it and fight the temptation to watch P&P again or read North & South (which I still haven't finished!!).
Hmm you know I was thinking.. Mr Knightley (from Emma) would actually be a pretty nice guy to have around. Respectable, straight-forward, caring, generous, responsible. On the other hand there's Darcy; respectable, responsible, caring, rich, proud, and so much more. Mmm... Jane Austen sure had good taste in men =P.
Meanwhile.. we've been enjoying Clueless in English. Hilarious but smart at the same time. A lot of the time you really just don't realise how smart Heckerling (writer/director) is and all the social and political comments she makes. Really good social satire. I'm loving it! Here's some of my fave quotes:
[while watching news about a war in Bosnia]
Josh:You look confused.
Cher: Well, I thought they declared peace in the Middle East.
Cher Horowitz: So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so.
Cher (voice-over): But seriously, I actually have a way normal life for a teenage girl.
[then she uses a computer program to pick her clothes for the day]
Cher's Dad: Do you know what time it is?
Cher: A watch doesn't really go with this outfit, daddy.
Cher: Miss Stoeger, I would just like to say that physical education in this school is a disgrace. I mean, standing in line for forty minutes is hardly aerobically effective. I doubt I've worked off the calories in a stick of Carefree gum.
Murray: Woman, lend me fi' dollas.
Dionne: Murray, I have asked you repeatedly not to call me "woman".
Murray: Excuse me, "Ms. Dionne."
Dionne: Thank you.
Murray: Now street slang is an increasingly valid form of expression. Most of the feminine pronouns do have mocking, but not necessarily in misogynistic undertones.
Tai: Wow! You guys talk like grown ups!
Friday, March 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment