Hey there! Long time no see..
So it's almost been a month since my last post.. thought I'd give an update..
Some things have been good, great even.. some not so.. but what else is new right?
It's the last week of Semester 1.. I can't believe how fast it's gone! Kinda freaky coz I realised last night that my exams start in a week..... oh my... golly.......... I'm quite happy with how my Psyc's been going.. sooo grateful that I'm studying something I love.. I realised how great God is, how perfect His plan is, and how things just seem to fall into place when you put them in His hands.. definately a praise prayer point! And something to think about for the HSC-ers..
I still have quite a bit to get through in regards to my essay on the meaning of life, due in less than a week. It's been going no where for close to two weeks now.. definately not a good thing. Definately a hard topic because I don't want to get bogged down by it because, it's very very heavy.. hopefully I can whip something up in the very scarce time that I have left.
On top of that I have to study for my finals (not so confident about certain courses) but glad that a lot of my exams consist of a lot (if not all) multiple choice.. PLUS, I'm going for my driving test THE day before my exams start (smart one Jen) so if you don't hear from me about that... then you know what that means..
I've gotten some new music lately (I love getting new music). Been really into The Killers, got Maroon 5's new song + another from the album (Nothing Lasts Forever.. really nice), gotta admit that I also got a song by JoJo (couldn't get it outta my head), some emo-ish songs (not really emo but I don't know what category they fall under) including a song by Jared Leto's band, 30 Seconds to Mars (his voice is actually pretty impressive.. he's the type that can do the husky scream in tune), and I also got Brooke Fraser's new album (yay! I definately recommend it).
I also got Project Runway Season 2 on dvd.. you've probably never heard of that.. but it's a reality tv show for up and coming designers.. every episode they get a challenge (e.g. designing something... with the clothes off their back, for a Barbie, out of plants + flowers.. and many others) that they have to complete within two days at the most. Amazing what these people come up with! It definately speaks to your creative side. A lot of the finished products are just like, wow! A lot of drama too, which is always good in a reality tv show. In the end, the three finalists get to show their collections at Olympus Fashion Week, and the winner gets the means to start their own line. Anyway.. it's very cool... two very big thumbs up ;P
What else have I been up to... I've been trying to learn scales on my guitar.. so much that my fingers have been hurting for the past few days. But ima keep at it ;) and as some people possibly know, my sleeping patterns have been completely whack lately.. so I've done a lot of sleeping in the during the past week or so. I had to wake up early today though (had a 9am tutorial which, you can't afford to miss) and I'm dead tired.. after having two black coffees (yes, I've become one of THOSE people.. but I only drink black coz my body violently despises milk).. no the coffees do keep me awake, but my eyelids still feel very heavy. Have to get back into the habit of sleeping and waking up earlier.
I had a thought this morning, about how nice it would be to wake up early every morning and go for a jog (with someone, of course) before going to work or uni or what ever.. it'd totally be refreshing.. because it's true that exercising releases dopamine, which is a hormone that makes you happy (but not in the same way that drugs can make you happy =P).
I think I have my timetable organised for next semester.. and at the moment I have Fridays off!! How cool is that!?! I'll tell ya... SUPER-COOL! At the moment I have myself doing, Psychology 1B, Philosophy (Minds, Bodies, and Spirits... I know, I just can't escape it.. but in the end, I do find it interesting..), Biology (Evolution... gag me.. but there was no better option), Managing your Personal Finances (yes, it's a general education course, half credit.. possibly useful... two hours a week.. which was the major draw), and Greek gods, heroines, and mythology (or something like that.. another gen ed.. half credit.. thought it'd be interesting.. and once again... two hours a week ;P). Pretty happy with that. There was actually a gen ed on current Brain Research which I would have luuuurrrved to do, but it was only available during Winter break.. and nooo way would I miss MYC for it.. shame though.. *shrugs*
Speaking of SUPER-COOL things.... had a blast at Jeremy's party the other night! Thought it deserved a mention. Wish I could go back in time and steal that game for my b'day party.. great fun! Brought back memories of my childhood.. things like getting lost, and stupid things some of us used to do (like agreeing to wear matching outfits.. coz that's so cool right!.. and re-enacting scenes from tv shows.. and being madly in love with certain boy bands).
Other SUPER-COOL things to look forward to.. end of session break (let me hear ya say YE-UH!), Winter Retreat (YE-UH!), and Mid Year Conference (YEAA-UH!).... Sorry, it's the coffee, I swear -_-"
(sigh) I still have an hour till my next class... what to do, what to do...... ok freaking out again, better get going...
Hopefully the next time you hear from me I'll be basking in my freedom! Until then... Auf Wiedersehen!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment