Had my first two exams today and *looks down*, oo yes, my hand is still in place! Engish was alright, much better than my half-yearly.. but by the time I had economics I was dead tired! My brain just switched off for a while and I was battling within myself about how frustrated I was in having to do this. Finally attempted all questions and afterwards felt like my brain had turned into jello.
Probably my fault that I was so tired actually. After only getting 6 and a half hours of sleep on saturday night... I stayed up late on Sunday to watch this special 9/11 doco on National Geographic. It was really interesting actually, better than any of the others. But... it was 4 hours long!! Yikes! My brother and dad ended up watching it as well... my Mum doesn't like tv. It was so interesting like, they talked about how the whole plot started and how it happened. There were interviews with the widows of the plane passengers, but what was really moving was the survivors from the Twin Towers, who had been rescued by some other average joe who didn't make it out. Just unbelievable that people would have that much courage. I think if I were there I'd just be running for my life. Watching the planes crash into the towers again was just so shocking, even though I've seen it a millon times. You just never get over it. Then watching them collapse! Sends tingles down my spine. I guess people are so shocked because, this is America! The great superpower! No one can hurt America!
But just goes to show how finite we really are as human beings. I mean, we could be alive one minute than dead the next, you never know. Terrorist attacks could happen anytime, anywhere. But what we learnt both from the talk on Sunday and from Growth Groups is that we don't have to fear death anymore (though I'm still pretty scared about it. It's probably fear of the unknown) because as christians we have hope in the next life. It's a pretty bleak future if you don't believe in Heaven. That's why the time is now! If you're going to turn around and decide to put your trust in God then don't put it off too long, coz you never know when your last moment alive will be. When you die, it'll be too late.
On a lighter note...
HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY CHIN!!
Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-ee!
When you're with a sweep you're in glad company
Nowhere is there a more 'appier crew
Than them wot sings, "Chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo!"
On the Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo!
Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-ee!
When you're with a sweep you're in glad company
Nowhere is there a more 'appier crew
Than them wot sings, "Chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo!"
On the Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo!
2 comments:
well i didnt like the english one... i was soo not prepared for it.. my mind just blanked out.. i didnt even cover any of the themes i was trying to study about.. i just wrote jibberish.. arr... oh wells.. whats done is done
well its prob my fault too.. i watched aus idol and greys anatomay yesterday!! soo cool!!
what the?!?! Ok.. that's just twisted..
hmm watching Oprah on your day off aye.. lol..
Post a Comment