hey hey! Just thought I'd give a general update on the happenings in my world..
Amazing Race was sooo fun on saturday!! Can't be bothered to recount it thou.. lol.. Jemz' party was cool too.. especially singstar lol. Karaoke would be so much more fun if you got scored on how well you sing.. and could play it back... hahaha... good moments there.
Watched X3 on Sunday. I quite liked it.. generally it's quite good but yeah... storyline problems here and there. I enjoyed it though.. I think I would get the dvd when it gets cheaper... I wanna get all 3 of them.. hopefully they'll sell it in a box.. otherwise the 1st two are quite cheap now.
So Monday.. school as usual. Woke up to the sound of the rain on my roof and wanted to just roll over and go back to sleep and just forget about school but... eventually woke up.
We went to a universities expo at UNSW today where they opened stalls with all the different unis around. We mainly just got brochures...... a LOT of brochures. A guy from Monash tried to push practically this whole book onto me and I'm like.... "Uh, no thanks." Then we had to walk back to school in the pouring rain so everything got soaked (even though we had umbrellas). It was quite fun though, jumping over puddles and stuff... hahaha.
I left my wallet on the bus this morning.. so stupid.. but THANK GOD it's at Randwick depot (hopefully with everything still inside it) so I'm gonna go get it tmro. Man, I really have to be more careful.
We finished watching the Richard Eyre production of King Lear today. Omgosh it was sooo good! I really like King Lear. The whole storyline is so interesting and it's soooooooo sad at the end I was so close to crying but had to hold it back or my friend would've laughed at me hehe. Basically King Lear divides his kingdom into three parts and plans to give one part each to his three daughters, but before he does so he asks them to tell him how much they love him (arrogant little....!). So his two eldest (the slimiest creatures ever) go on and on about how much they love him but his youngest and most favourite won't play along with the game. So he ends up exiling her and giving his kingdom to his two eldest who end up fighting a civil war and lusting after this evil guy(even though they're both married) .... and Lear loses his mind because of his folly. Spoiler warning: In the end the eldest kills the second eldest then commits suicide... and the youngest is killed by the evil guy that they were lusting over. And pooor Lear... oooo it's sooo sad!! He ends up dying of a broken heart.
You know one of the things about the play is seeing someone descend into madness.. it's really quite sad. And my teacher was saying how a lot of the time, people who lose their minds actually know that they are, and that's the worst thing about it.. they're so frustrated with themselves but they can't do anything about it. Makes u think sometimes that dying young isn't such a bad thing.. It's quite sad for a person to lose their mind and especially their memories coz then really, they've lost themselves haven't they.
Anyway... if any of you guys do King Lear.. I hope you enjoy it. It's not easy but I think it's reaaaaaaalllly interesting. Very good plot.
Alrighty then.. that's all for now. Bye!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment