Monday, June 12, 2006


So if you didn't know, I went to watch Swan Lake on Ice on Saturday night because we bought a new tv from Bing Lee and got free tickets with it (yay!). It was suuuuuuuuuuuuch a good performance!! It's one my my firsts (going to the theatre to watch a production). It was sooooooo unbelievably good I just can't describe how good it was! The stunts were awesome, the sets were spectacular, the music was incredibly moving and beautiful. It was just jaw-dropping! They've done a production of Sleeping Beauty before and apparently that was really good. So look out for these guys if they do any other shows. They're fantastic! Worthy of a standing ovation.

Ok so what else did I do on the weekend? Well my brother came around on friday night so it was really good to sorta catch up and have him around. Then on saturday he took me driving (yay! hadn't gone in such a long time) and I got to practice my parallel parking and angle to the kerb. Getting more confident with those. Still not so great with changing lanes (oh gosh it freaks me out!). Hoping to maybe go driving a bit today with my dad.

Oh yeah and I've also done some studying in between hahaha.

Sunday was good.. just hung out at D&Ds. We watched Fun with Dick & Jane and The Importance of Being Earnest. Lol funny movies.. good sunday afternoon fun. Was late to Night Church (whoopsie) and then had dinner afterwards at Mie Cocok which was nicer than I expected. I didn't get to have desert at Max Brenner but it was ok.. I got to talk to my mum while drinking nice warm green tea. Thing I love about my Mum is that she's great to just have a chat with. Things that came up were, do you ever forget your first love and is constant bickering between husbands and wives unavoidable? Hmm... what do you guys think?
So here we are.. monday. Woohoo! The one time I don't dread mondays. Such a prettiful day today I feel like going out but.... (sigh) must study.

Oh yeah I just remembered.. these two girls at school (I think yr 9 or 10) saw my KYCK pamphlet on my folder and said that they went to it too! Apparently they went to the same weekend with St Pauls something... anglican maybe? can't remember.. but yeah.. it's kinda weird because.. they're kinda known for always arguing and stuff with one another.. i would never have thought that they went to a christian youth group. I wonder, would people think something similar of me?

Oh yeah and another thing. At Night Church Oom Joe said that the saying, "God hates the sin but loves the sinner" is wrong. I dunno.. I don't think I agree with that. I mean, yes God hates the sin.. but He still loves the sinner because otherwise why would He send His son to die for us I mean, isn't the fact that God loves us unconditionally a big part of grace? If God DOES hate the sinner, He only hates him/her because of their sin.. so then technically it's the sin that He hates, not the person who commits the sin? What do you think?

I'm loving Michelle Branch's Hotel Paper right now and Lifehouse's self-title album (courtesy of Rav). I love the whole rocker chick who writes her own songs thing about Michelle Branch. I think her second album's as good as the first. I wanna get it but it's pretty pricey right now. And Lifehouse are pretty good too. Quite alternative sounding but I like their sound. I wanna get it too but same problem.

Alrighty that's all from me for now. Happy long weekend everyone.. and Happy Birthday to Stephiiee!!

No comments: