Monday, June 19, 2006

Sorry, been pretty busy lately.. but I'll try and be faithful in blogging at least once a week. So here goes..

I've got exams these two last weeks so I'll be working my butt off to prepare for those (I'm so fed up with myself for not preparing sooner and bludging so much.. I'm beginning to feel the strain now). At least I have one test over and done with.. four more to go.

So I finally watched The Constant Gardener and In Her Shoes (we got foxtel digital recently and they gave us 2 free movies from the box office so there ya go..). The Constant Gardener was soooooo good I loved it! As good and very true to the book. So much emotion in that film.. and Rachel Weisz and Ralph Fiennes were wonderful in their roles. Watching it makes you wanna go to Africa and make a difference.. hehe. In Her Shoes was good too. I was surprised that firstly it wasn't a RomCom and secondly that (coz I already knew that it's about two sisters and one is always belittled by the other) Cameron Diaz's character was actually the one who was belittled by Toni Collette's character. I just assumed that since Diaz was the pretty one that Toni Collette was the one being belittled. Anyway it was a really good drama imo.. slightly tear-jerking and quite emotionally charged.

I still really wanna watch Walk the Line!!

Oh and on wednesday.. I went to Jb Hi-Fi to look for the 2nd season of Gilmore Girls (I LOVE the first 3 seasons.. they're soo good!) and saw that it was $56.95 which I thought was too expensive so I walked around Bondi to see how much it was at the other shops... that was basically the cheapest so.. after a bit of thought.. I decided to just go ahead and get it (I was so tired from walking around that I wanted to kick myself if I didn't walk outta the shopping centre without getting something)... So I went to the counter and then when the girl scanned it, the computer actually said that it was only $45.00! How cool is that! So yeah.. I'm now the proud owner of the first 2 seasons (planning to get the 3rd one one day... gosh I spend so much money on dvds!!). I haven't even had a chance to watch it all.. I've watched the first 2 discs so there's 4 more but I really have to stop myself now because gotta study...... but I've been dying to watch the rest of them.

Oh and I got a new steel string acoustic guitar. I really like it.. even though it's the cheapest Yamaha model but I still reckon it sounds good and doesn't hurt much. I've been having fun with that... and since Debby gave me a copy of 2 songs from Pride & Prejudice I've been trying to play those on piano.. such nice songs but I'm really quite impatient.. I just wanna be good at it straight away without having to practice... haha that's why my piano skills didn't go very far..

There are so many things that I wanna do but I just can't coz I have to study but.. I pretty much make time for them anyway... (sigh) I'm beginning to think it never ends (studying, working, etc etc...)

Poor socceroos lost.. but come on.. as if anyone expected anything more. Fifa Fever!

Speaking of studying.. that'll be enough blogging for now... toodles!

No comments: