Sunday, February 18, 2007


My pus-infected story..

I've had to tell this story sooo many times now that I just thought I'd document it in case anyone missed out =P. So I have a bandage just below my elbow (which, I gotta admit, I think looks kinda cool.. haha). Wanna know why? Well I'll tell you coz I know you do. And this is the full version for those who got my relatively cut-down version.

I was shooting some hoops on thursday afternoon, just in my backyard. And I saw this mozzie like floating around and following me and stuff... so I was like running away from it. Anyway.. I get into the house (and I think this was before I showered) and I realised my arm was itchy, so naturally I scratched it and didn't think twice about it. So anyway... I noticed later on at night that there was like, this sorta pimply looking dot on my arm (you know the ones with pus in em) so I thought, hmmm, ok then.. hopefully it'll go away on it's own right. But then it really started to hurt, and it looked kinda gross (as you can imagine) so I covered it with a bandaid. And I remember hitting it a few times but since it was covered with a bandaid I didn't really worry about it. So I went out on friday and stuff, knocked it a few more times, and it was hurting but yeah, I just wasn't worrying about it.

When I got home and took the bandaid off, it was like FIVE TIMES BIGGER! Which means it was even grosser!! Like a wart but with pus in it instead of water, and it stung like an open cut too. So to give you a visual, it was like half the size of a five cent coin, which, in my experience, looked pretty BIG for a pus-infected sore.

So I showed my mum and we were contemplating what to do.. like whether we should pop it or not or just leave it and hope it went away. So we eventually decided to go with the latter option. So I put bandaids over it once again, and the next day was water rafting right (thank God I decided not to do it or that would've been so bad!!). So I just covered it and hoped it went away. But when I got home and opened the bandaid, it looked just as big, even slightly bigger. And so my mum and I were really worried, so I drove to a doctor in bankstown.

He got me to lie down so he could pop it. I don't know exactly what he did but he poured alot of antiseptic onto it.. and then he used like some scissors (medical ones of course.. lol) and he went *snip snip snip*... *wipe wipe wipe*... then poured more antiseptic... and yes, it hurt! and no, I didn't cry thank you very much!! And then he made me look at it.. and it was like... this round circle of pinkish flesh, and in the centre was like a dot of blood... so I'm pretty sure that the mozzie bit me and didn't get the chance to finish off the job or something.. so when I scratched the open hole it must've gotten infected. Then he put some dressing on it and bandaged it, and gave me some antibiotic pills to take.

So I'm really glad we decided to go to the doctor.. coz yeah.. who knows wat would've happened if my mum popped it at home... *shudder*.

So pretty long story huh? Aren't u lucky I gave most of you the short version in person.. haha.

Yeah so, it should be healing... but it's really stinging atm (like as i type this).. more than it was during the day. Argh.. don't know why. But I'm going back to the doctor's tomorrow so he can change the bandage so hopefully it will be all good.

So enough about that now! Time for the general update..

Went to school on friday to pick up some money from the teachers selling my textbooks (yay! I got $50!!) and it was cool coz I got to catch up with a few of my teachers and chat and stuff.. that was really nice actually... and apparently I'll be dropping by alot since i'm close by and all.................. aha.. -_-;;

So after that we (some schoolies and I) went to Star Bar for lunch, you know the old Planet Hollywood place. And yeah, had steak, which was pretty good and relatively cheap.

Saturday was the evening service outing to White Water Rafting!!! Yay! It looked like so much fun, I was pretty jealous.. but happy enough to watch, and road trip it all the way to Penrith. Haha.. then we just had lunch at KFC afterwards. Really nice outing.

And Sunday.. decided to wake up early (yes, for all you skeptics out there that think i'm incapable of waking up before noon!!) to drive my mum to church. One because my dad was working, but mostly because I really wanna get my hours done. So yeah the plan was to drive there, then sit in umum (the indo, adult service) and just wait it out till 9:30 then go meet One Way-ers and have breakfast while my mum practiced women's choir, go home, sleep, shower, and catch public transport back to night church. But then that changed, when we got invited by my bro's in-laws to go yum cha for chinese new year. And then after yum cha, we all decided to go to my bro's place and look at the photos he and my sister in law took on their trip to Japan. Omgosh.... Japan looks soooo cool! So yeah we ended up staying there longer then planned and by the time I got home, I only had time to shower, and then I was off to the train station to go back for Night Church. Lol.

Wow the talk at Night Service was really good today. Had a guest speaker from NDCCC (wateva that stands for), Andrew Hong or something like that (i'm sorry). And yeah, he was excellent. Straight to the point, used multimedia.. hehe.. and just a really clear, and well thought out message.

Okies well think I'm going out tmro so I'll get going.. and my arm is hurting from all this typing!! Arghhh.. laterz!

No comments: