Sunday, March 11, 2007

hey.. sorry for being a lil awol lately =P

So yeah.. I don't really know what to write these days, so I thought I'd make a list of FAQs lol.

------------------------------------------------

1. How's Uni?
Uni's been good and interesting.. especially my Psych classes.. they're the best! And in next week's tutorial, they're apparently gonna try and hypnotise us.. so that should be interesting. And we all have to do a minimum of 5 hours of research participation, which means that we become the guinea pigs and sign up for experiments conducted by 3rd years or something and get credit for it... plus we get extra credit if we do another 5 hours!

I'm also taking Education Psychology (which is really cool too coz a lot of it overlaps with my Psych classes), Biology (which is really, REALLY boring), and Philosophy (which is quite interesting but, at the end of the day, completely useless).

I have a lot of reading to do for Philosophy but just taking it one lecture at a time. I had my first philosophy tutorial on friday and it was pretty much two guys going on and on about, who knows what... just showing off pretty much with all their philosophical knowledge and not really letting other ppl contribute coz the rest of us have no idea what they're going on about. So it's pretty much a waste of time (and not to mention money) and at the end of the day.. they (the philosophy department) are just interested in knowing more.. but not in what the actual use of that knowledge is for?!?! Which is pretty stupid in my opinion.

I have a 3 hour lab once a week for Biology, which is really tiring coz you can't eat or drink in a lab right so.. just gets really tiring, being in the same place for 3 hours and doing work non-stop.

The week feels really tiring actually.. mentally and physically. Should really get more sleep.


2. Any assignments yet?
Got a 5 minute presentation to do for Ed Psych, but not yet other than that. I'm sure they'll give em out this coming week.


3. Have you made some friends?
A few, but it's hard because everyone takes different classes and at different times.. and most of my lectures have 100+ people in them so it's kinda hard to spot people.. lol. I made 2 friends from HIPC and we share a few classes and one of them is in the same bible study as me.. for CBS I mean.


4. Have you seen any cute guys?
Well there's a lot of people at uni so it's kind of assumed that at least a small proportion of students are good looking. So... of course!


5. Got a boyfriend yet? (and various other variations of that question)
Well funny you should ask actually.. you see this guy in my lecture came up to me the other day and said, "hey, so I've been watching you for 5 minutes now and thought, wow, I've found my soulmate! So listen, we should go out!" ... and naturally of course... I said, "Sure thing, philosophy's a bore anyway!"

....

Ahh... No. It's been two weeks people.. two weeks!


-------------------------------------------------------


Alrighty.. now that's done.. has anyone seen Dreamgirls!?!? Ok well I'm obsessed with Listen by Beyonce. She's sooo good when she sings it in the movie (the video clip she released for it is no where as good)!

Mmm, life outside of uni..

The girls from evening service went to Karaoke yesterday! Lol, yeah, that's right! It was pretty good (coz I know everything there is to know about karaoke.. lol nah jks that was my first time). We went to Greenbox. Had pretty good song selection but the rooms looked like little dungeons. But so cool, I totally want a home cinema room now. Just paint a small room black and put hot cushions in and a big screen tv and major surround sound!! How cool would that be!! Yeah... never gonna happen.

So after we sang ourselves out, we went to eat at Blackbird Cafe at Cockle Bay, and then naturally, had to have dessert, so we went to the Lindt Cafe.

So yeah that was a nice day out so thanks to the girls that organised it!

Evening Service bible study was good this week, despite absences from a few people. Maybe coz raymond brought more tarts and stuff (mmm so good!). Nah hehe... it was just a really good study and was really encourageing.. I'm really loving it.

Been really into Justin Timberlake's new music lately.. probably after seeing him perform at the VS Fashion Show (omgosh he was unbelievably good!). Tempted to get his album but I already bought like 4 of his songs on iTunes so it'd kinda be a waste of money huh. But it's so good! Especially the way all the songs like transition into one another.. (e.g. What Goes Around.. / .. Comes Around... like you gotta hear the whole version, not just the radio edit.. watch it on youtube or something) which is kind of the draw of getting the album coz I wanna hear it like as a whole.. but mmm yeah... probably won't.

Mmm went to PILOT last last saturday.. which was like a ministry training day (sort of) for chinese christian churches. It was really good. The talks were really good and clear (like.. main message imo was to have the right motivation for doing ministry) and there was a session where we got to meet people from other churches and learn how their churches run (and also how ours is run -_-;; .. haha.. I didn't really know much bout the presbyterian system). So yeah, that was a really good day.

Soo hmm... don't really know what else to report on.. I'm getting hungry now so think I'll leave it there. Don't expect there to be very regular posts, just warning you now.

Okies hope all is well in your world.. laterz!

No comments: