Friday, March 30, 2007
Before I do anything else.. I do believe this week deserves a good dosage of blogging..
Had an awesome night on Sunday! Bob finally turned 18 so we (my schoolies and I) got together to have dinner at Kelly's (at Bondi Junction). Food was good, company was better. We hadn't seen each other since uni started (we all have conflicting schedules and we're spread all over the place too..) so it was SOO good to catch up and chat over yummy food and nice AMBIENCE.. that's right ling.. (though yeah, not sure how good the ambience is when you can't see people's faces)... lol and it was fun riding in Moni's huge 4WD! ( and the parking dilemma.. shopping centre's are the worst places to park!! But it was fun, cruising along to JT hehehe).
Been pretty busy at uni with one assignment after another, but I think I managed to handle it alright. Monday was really good.. had CBS Bible Study and CBS later in the afternoon.. missed a Philosophy lecture in the morning though coz I was running late and didn't think there was any point going (just any excuse not to go really..) and found it hard to catch up so.. don't think I'll be doing that again.. Other than that it was a good day.. had a few experiments to do in the afternoon but managed to get them done really quickly so yay, easy credit points..
I spent the whole day at uni (even though I only had one class) on tuesday coz I had a philosophy essay due on thursday and I'm never really productive at home so decided to do it in the library.. also had some more experiments to do.. and then had evening service bible study at night, which was good even though I was really really tired.. I also had a short quiz in the morning which I kiiiinda studied for.. hopefully that'll be alright..
Then on Wednesday was another long day at uni.. 9-6pm.. one of my lectures was cancelled so missed out on some content, but got to meet up with Huey so that was coool... spent my 3 hour break finishing off my philosophy essay.. then had a PSYC class where these two random guys ran into Clancy Auditorium carrying 2 girls, and then another guy running in after them with only his undies on............ mmm yeah. The same guy actually ran in screaming before too, during week 2 or something... very weird. Poor lecturer just kept on going.. I wonder if it happens a lot..
In my psych tutorial we were handed out "personalised" personality tests which had some characteristics on them.. and we had to rate how accurate we thought they were. Most people thought they were pretty accurate. So we found out after that we all got the same results. On purpose yes. So the point was to illustrate that general personality descriptions (like those given in horoscopes) are stupid because people will read into it what they will. It was an interesting tute. Think I didn't mention too that in last week's tute we watched a video on youtube bout "feral children". Bassically kids that grew up with animals.. and had to discuss whether they are still considered "human" and whether humans are "hard-wired" to behave a certain way, etc. It was really interesting. Here's the link (www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsfvSWljqpc) if you're interested. Haha unbelievable how far the hand of youtube stretches these days huh. I really love all my psych tutes and some of the lectures.. just so interesting!
I hate that it gets darker earlier now.. makes getting home a bit troublesome. On Wednesday I decided to take full advantage of the fact that I have an older brother that's supposed to be looking out for me while my parents are away haha.. and asked him to drive me home from his office. In exchange he got to take advantage of the fact that we have ESPN haha.. so it all worked out well.
Mmm oh I forgot to mention that my parents have been in Melbourne since Wednesday and are coming home tomorrow.. so it's been really quiet at home. So good! I don't wanna say that I didn't miss them (coz that would be slack, lol) but I didn't really have the chance to miss them.. just been at uni so much and so busy.. it's been good to have some independence and responsibility to be honest..
So yeah anyway.. I had an 11am start on thursdays and my parents called the night before going "do you want us to call and wake you up tomorrow?" and I'm going.... "What?! No! I'm fully capable of waking up by myself thanks!!!" ...... So of course, the next morning, my alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button.... or so I thought! I didn't realise till my parents actually did call (probably making sure that I got up -_-;) that I'd turned my alarm off instead of snooze.. and I only woke up at 10 and there's no way I could've made that lecture.. (sigh)... how embarassing huh... but seriously, I AM fully capable of waking up.. it was just an accident!
Fortunately, the two lectures I missed would be repeated later at night.. so since I had to go and hand in my Philosophy essay by 4pm.. I decided to go and catch them.. coz listening to lectures online sucks! So yeah, I'd never gone to the night lectures coz.. they're at night right.. I mean, you'd so rather be at home! But they were actually pretty cool. There was less people, but not so less that it was creepy.. and I met some friends too so hmm... might be a good option. The only thing was, because no one was home to pick me up, I had to catch a bus home, and it was the last bus so... if I'd missed it I would've been stranded at hurstville.. (didn't wanna walk home with my newly acquired valuable at 8pm)... but yeah, I made it and had enough time to buy some more dip from Grandpa's... omgosh it's the best!
So today, relatively easy going day.. had a educational psychology lecture and the lecturer (also my tutor) played us some Greek bazooki... lol if you don't know what that is, then let's just say for simplicity's sake that it's a Greek guitar.. and he got two volunteers who'd never played guitar before, and 2 more who did play guitar to come up and try to play... and none of them really did any good. So it was a really good illustration.. though I won't explain what of because 1) I wouldn't be able to explain it articulately enough and 2) you probably wouldn't understand anyway... but yeah, it was something fun and different..
Also got to leave half an hour early from Biology lab.. not much but 2 and half hours of lab is better than 3... and especially one where we didn't have to draw at all! Usually it's like 10 million drawings per lab -_-;;
Here's an interesting thought from my Philosophy tutorial... We were discussing what it means to have free will.. and one philosopher gave the illustration of two drug addicts, one with free will, one without free will. The two addicts are then offered a drug. The one WITH Free Will will try to resist, even though in the end he might succumb to his addiction. In other words, he wants to WANT to resist. The one WITHOUT Free Will on the other hand, will take the drug without thinking twice about it. I just thought it was interesting because it reminded me of us being enslaved to sin. It's like, the drug addict who is enslaved to his addiction.. he has no choice but to take the drug.. he has no control over himself.. It's pretty sad. But mmm.. it's also brought up some questions too.. don't think I'll into it here though.. for many reasons... I've had to think about philosophy too much this week... just thought it was an interesting thought.. whether it's true or not (i.e. that that's what it means to have free will) I dunno.
(sigh) Really looking forward to tomorrow! Going to Royal National Park for Evening Service outing.. yay! Really excited! (I noticed that I've been cutting out nouns lately, so, sorry about that if it confuses you or something..).. Gonna have to wake up extra early to get to church. I'm sure getting to sleep early tonight won't be a problem though.. I'm pretty wiped out.. Mid-Session break in another week.. not gonna be that fun though coz I'll have all these assignments and studying to do (while all the One-Wayers will be at KYCK! Not fair! Haha so have fun for those of us who can't! =P). Looking forward to EQUIP and MYC and Retreat and end of session break!! Gonna be awesome!
Okies so there's probably more I could've said but.. my memory fails me for now. Time for dinner! See ya's round! Hope all is well in your world. Yr 12s, all the best with your half-yearlies. Try not to get too bogged down with school.
Peace out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment