A lot of things have been happening since the last time I blogged.. like, really blogged.. so.. I'll try update you as best I can. It's been a pretty exciting few days actually..
Last monday and tuesday I had to come into school for 1st and 2nd period because my maths teacher insisted that we didn't miss out on maths!! So.. Monday we turned up in casual dress.. then afterwards I went swimming with Ling and Jenny at UniGym. I haven't been swimming for ages because of school and other reasons.. so I couldn't even do the 20 laps I usually do and had to settle for 15.. which was enough I guess. My arms were aching by the end of it. Afterwards Jenny and I decided to reward ourselves by having lunch at the Korean place on Anzac Pde.
After Tuesday's lessons Ling, Jenny, Bob, and myself went to Bondi to go shopping!! I had a Westfield voucher so I bought The Mummy from Jb Hi-Fi for only $12.99. I reckon that's a bargain! Then bought 2 singlets from Giordano for $25. Probably should have waited till now and they'd have been cheaper.. but oh well. I haven't done any post christmas shopping. There's just so many people I can't stand it!! One of these days lah..
On Wednesday I was such a bludger.. couldn't find anything to do in the house!! I think I spent most of the day reading Emma and guess what!?!? I finished it!!! Omgosh it was so hard to get into at first.. but once I was about half way.. I couldn't put it down! It's actually a really good book.. I love it. I've just started to read it again now. I lent my P&P book out to someone who shall remain anonymous so I couldn't re-read that one.. even though I felt like it. But then again, everytime I read it the BBC series just kinda kills it. That's why I'm not sure whether I wanna watch Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow or not.. even though I've already seen the beginning.
So anyway... at night I decided to rent some dvds: Ocean's Twelve, The Bourne Supremacy, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Jersey Girl, and Clueless. Funnily enough I loved Clueless the most out of them all. I hadn't actually seen the whole movie before because I've always thought it was some stupid, blonde, peppy, legally-blonde type of movie... but it was actually REALLY good!! I love it! Alicia Silverstone was brilliant! You'd think you'd find her character really annoying but she was actually kinda adorable. Really an Emma-type of character. Very well done transformation of Emma. Looking forward to studying it in school.
Christmas Day. Time to celebrate the day God sent his Son into the world to save us from our sins. I still feel like a lot of people have violated the meaning of christmas. I probably say this every year but as the name suggests, it is a christian celebration. Santa Claus and presents have nothing to do with Christmas. That's some other celebration that people like to call Christmas, but that's not the Christmas that I know. Guess I'm kinda cynical when it comes to this. When I see Carols in the Domain and stuff like that.. I just think to myself.. "these people have no idea what they are singing".. it's almost like the true meaning of Christmas has been phased out into something completely different!! Not really fair if you ask me.
Anyway... Sunday.. The longest day of my life!! I'd only gotten 6 hours of sleep the night before... but I didn't feel that tired during the day. It felt like the day was so much longer though coz of church starting earlier. We got to Kate's house and it was only 10:30am. Man that back room thing is so mad!! Especially now with the tv and dvd player and speakers and guitar and cushions! Soo cool!
After we ate Jemz, Nate, Tommy and I dunno who else went and closed themselves up in Nate's room to record a song.... care to share guys?? So.. I was feeling kinda bored.. really want to play some music so while no one was in the back I picked up the guitar and just started playin' some songs.. after a Chin, Sandy, and Alison joined me and we were just singing away... it was really fun. Then ppl came in and wanted to watch Hide & Seek so we decided to leave, except Sandy who stayed behind hehe. Then we moved into Kate's room and Kate joined us for a bit. Then my fingers started to burn and were all bruised so I decided to stop. Kate then brought in the congklak and we played that for a few hours.. haha. Pretty fun. I haven't played in ages coz my set's mysteriously gone missing (not to anyone's surprise). Then some of us left for Night Church. The wine from communion was actually quite nice.. sweet. Kinda cynical about the whole "this wine came from Cana in Galilea".. I mean.. does it really matter? Wine is wine. But yes... it was very nice tasting wine I thought.
The day hadn't ended there! Afterwards I went to The Gunawan's for a Christmas get together and had a really great evening. Towards the end we exchanged presents and what can I say.. I really liked the presents I got.. it'd be rude for me not to be grateful and I am grateful... but you know, Christmas would still be Christmas to me even if we didn't give each other presents. God's already given us the best present we could ever ask for really. So.. I guess to me presents are more of a bonus than a necessity.
I was soo totally buggered by the end of the day... which was midnight! Went straight to bed when I got home.
Boxing Day.. I slept in until noon! Compensation for the night before. Got up and my Mum was making jewellery so I decided to make me a green bracelet. Took a few hours actually.. but didn't feel like that long. Before I knew it I had to get ready to go to my Mum's Aunty's place for a belated Christmas BBQ with the extended family (which I only see once, or if I'm lucky twice, a year). One of my 2nd cousins is pregnant!! Lol... a lot can happen in a year. She's about 2 months away I think so.. can't wait! Then met my other 2nd cousins who are more my age. Five girls and one boy in the family. The eldest girl is my age and I guess we're as close as 2nd-cousins-who-only-meet-once-a-year can be. The next is the boy who's 14 I think and yet much taller than me!! It's soo cool to see how much he's grown physically and character-wise as well. He used to be this really introverted shy guy but now he's like so sociable and friendly. Really good to see. Then comes the 4 littler girls. They're around 10, 8, 6, and 3.. i think.. I've lost track. It's taken me this many years to distinguish who's who and remember all their names. They're the sweetest most adorable girls ever though!!
We were watching the Mask of Zorro and the 6 year old was sitting on my lap.. and we had to close all their eyes during the "yucky" bits.. lol. And when it came to the part when Zorro cut Hellena's dress the little one turn around and said to me and her older sister, "it's rude to look at people's undies!"... lol we were trying so hard not to crack up and said, "yes, it is!". She's the cutest thing!
My 2nd cousin and I were talking about P&P, Emma, and North & South for most of the night. You know it's surprising how many women are P&P fans. Most women you ask would have read the book and loved the BBC version to bits.
Anyway... I got home quite late that night too so by the time I went to bed I was totally out of it. I'd accidentally left my phone at home so Cindy couldn't contact me about Narnia on tuesday. We planned to meet at 10:45 so I had a look at the train timetable and decided to catch the 11:12 train, thinking that we were meeting at 11:45, even though I knew in my head we were supposed to be meeting at 10:45.. lol. I dunno what was wrong with me. Anyway I went to sleep, thinking I could wake up at 10:50 to be in time to catch my train. Then at about 10 the next morning manda called me and said that she was at Narwee station now. I was still in bed!! Then I realised I had to get ready in 5 minutes to get to the station so I grabbed whatever clothes I could find, brushed my teeth, grabbed my bag and ran out the door. My brother sent me to the station and to my relief.. Manda was standing there waiting for me and the train hadn't come yet. Talk about a rush! I've never gotten ready that quickly in my whole life. My eyes were all glassy still and I couldn't focus them properly.. lol.
Anyway.. we met Steph on the train, couldn't figure out whether Town Hall or Central was closer so we decided to get off at Central were I bought a pie for breakfast.. and walked to the cinema. It was like 5 blocks to the cinema!! When we got there I saw Town Hall and it was only ONE block away! Soooo should've gotten off there. But anyway we made it.
Narnia was AWESOME!! One of the best movies I've seen this year!! Smack bang brilliant, I loved it! Through out the movie I was thinking, "Omgosh this is such a well done movie". It really did credit to the book and the actors were all great at their parts. The music was brilliant!! The scenery was brilliant! It was a lot more dramatic than the book was but I think that's a good thing. I loved Peter's character!! The protective older brother looking after everyone!! I love guys like that! Although he was pretty slack to Edmund who was pretty slack to Lucy as a result. I really loved the part when Edmund was in jail with Mr Tumnus and the witch told Tumnus that Edmund was the reason he was in prison.. There was this close-up of Mr Tumnus' face and you could just see the realisation and hurt in his eyes. It was brilliant!
The Witch was scary! Just as she was supposed to be. In the book she was described as the most beautiful woman that Diggory (character in the first book) had ever seen, but at the same time she had this fiersome, powerful, evil look to her. Very well cast and acted!
The battle was brilliant! Of course not as long and elaborate as Lord of the Rings but I still thought it was great! Peter looked so good on that white unicorn in his armour.. and when he started fighting...........! Need I say more..
I was disappointed that they didn't show that part in the trailer when they had some kind of ball after the 4 had been crowned. I was looking forward to that bit! =( hehehe.
Liam Neeson was perfect for the voice of Aslan!! This great deep voice.. and how good was Aslan's roar!! Oh man... such a good movie. I'll definately get it on dvd.
I've started reading the whole set of the Chronicles of Narnia. So far I've read the Magician's Nephew, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and I just finished The Horse and His Boy Last night. Apparently Prince Caspian, which is the next one, is really good so I'm looking forward to reading that. Gotta borrow it off someone seeing as I won't be at school for a few more weeks. I'm wondering whether I should buy the series or not. I think I'll wait till I read them all.. or if I happen to see a good set somewhere for cheap then I'll get it. Koorong's sold out of their one =(.. should've gotten it before.. imagine.. only $29.95 for the whole set!?!? What a bargain!!
Everyone who's watched the movie and hasn't read the books has GOT to read The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe.. and The Magician's Nephew, which comes before and is about where the Witch came from and how Narnia was created and how the Wardrobe came to be. It's such a good book!!!!
Oh and I just found this interview with William Moseley and the girl that plays Susan. Here's a screen shot of William Moseley for Paols and Steph and whoever else has a slight interest in him.. he's lost a bit of baby fat and has hair is long.. Dunno about this. And I'm sorry to admit but the way he talks... sounds a little bit too feminine if u know what I mean... but I dunno? He reminds me of what's his face.. umm... Martin Henderson.. from Bride & Prejudice.. like the shape of his face.

New Year's is coming up!! Party at Cindy's place!! Ask someone for more details if you dunno about it. Sounds like it's gonna be good fun!

Anyway.. what do u think? Not as good looking as in the film or just as good or maybe even better?
New Year's is coming up!! Party at Cindy's place!! Ask someone for more details if you dunno about it. Sounds like it's gonna be good fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment