Saturday, September 09, 2006

Application anxiety..

Decisions, decisions.. (sigh)

It's been a hectic week. A lot of things have been on my mind and for some reason that's made me feel like it's been really busy... but school-wise it hasn't really. Yeah I didn't do too well on most of my trials so now I'm really trying to step up and get things together. I want to try and stay focused but it's been hard. I thought I didn't have any more assessments but apparently I still have one left that I'd totally forgotten about. That's on monday.

My english teacher, my lively, passionate, wonderful english teacher told us on thursday that unfortunately she's going on long service leave because her mother's really sick and basically.. they've taken her back to their country estate and are just waiting for the day.. so my teacher's gone to be with her. It's really sad and it was a shock.. but we'll see her again at Graduation and the Formal hopefully.

We went to her staffroom yesterday at lunch to take a photo with her.. and she was so cute.. she's like, "Yes of course! Just one second I'll put my lipstick on!" haha... I swear she's always really fashionable and every english class we're always like... "wow I love that necklace" or "oh I love those shoes!"... lol.

The candid photo. Laughing at the teacher who was taking the photo coz it was in a corridor.. and he was all squashed up against the wall trying to fit everyone in. My teacher fully doubled over, cracking up. So funny...

The pretty photo.


The biggest thing on my mind right now is uni preferences. Gosh I'm so terribly undecisive!! the way I'm thinking now is.... I dont like studying science... and I don't think that I want to study psychology anymore. It's sooo much hard work just to stay in the course.. and then I don't think I want to go all the way and there's no point just going half-way and then not being able to find a job. I dunno... I'm still gonna put it on my preferences but maybe a little lower on the list. I'm leaning more towards doing a design or media course now. B Design in Visual Communications and B Arts in Communication (Media Arts & Production), both at UTS, look really appealing. But there are problems with doing either of those two as well. (sigh) I just don't know!! But I'm thinking... I can't just keep thinking about all the problems and cons of these courses coz then I will never choose one because I'm too scared of the outcomes! I just have to choose one, but what do I base my decision on? What I'm interested in? What I'm good at? What I think God wants me to do? What has better job opportunities? What has better working hours? (sigh)... I have no idea!! How depressing..

On a lighter note... yes my dad got a car for me to use and I must say I'm sooooo in love with it. Haha. It's a dark blue 2004 Toyota Corolla Conquest. It's such a good car I definately reccomend it! It's sooo nice to drive.. I love it! I drove it back and forth to church last sunday... and also to my brother's place at night for Father's Day dinner. It's funny coz, Sue's cousin who's born on the exactly same day as me (same month, same year) is learning to drive too and drove to their place as well.. haha. Coincidence..

Anyway.. it was such a surprise.. I have to take reeaaaaaaaaaalllly good care of it now though.. I'm so scared of scratching it when I drive it. I dont wanna drive it this sunday coz it's raining and I dunno... I'm paranoid about anything happening to it. Like the paint running some how.. lol yeah I know it's stupid. Anyway.. I'm hoping to build up my hours so I can get my P's sometime in first year uni.. then I can drive to Night Church!

(sigh)... getting older.. haha. Still trying to come to terms with that.

No comments: