Friday, September 01, 2006

Spring is in the air..

Phew.. my trials are finally over! Most of you know this already but you know how I said I didn't have to do the exams that I missed... well.. turns out that I do.. and I did. But it was a complete shock and I basically had one day to study for my Ancient History exam and English Paper 1 which I got conned into doing straight after.. that was on friday.. then on monday, I had to do my Economics exam and English Paper 2.. I was really worried about paper2 so I spent most of my time studying for that and I didn't end up studying properly for Economics.. I missed a whole topic.. and consequently I didn't do too well... man my teacher was soo disappointed coz I've had pretty good averages and that result's just totally dragged me down.. I felt so bad..

I got a few other results back. Did really crap in Maths Ext. and Biology.. not really surprised.. I know I left out nearly half of maths ext (in fact I just managed to pass) and I was burning up during Biology (plus my teacher is such a friggen hard marker.. everyone has been complaining... e.g. she deducted points if you said 'to prevent the disease from spreading' instead of 'to prevent the pathogens from spreading'... she knew what we meant!! And it's pretty obvious that if the disease is spreading then obviously it's because the pathogens spread!!!!!! my goodness.. it's not like we were wrong.. we just said it in a different way!)

Anyway.. I could go on and on and on about bio.. but I'm not gonna coz it'll bore the hell out of ya.. but I'm just gonna say to people in year 10 and down.. don't do Biology (or any sciences for that matter) unless you have a humongous brain capacity and the ability to absorb information by osmosis because there is just such a crazy amount of information that you have to remember.. The top person in my year only got 79% in that exam.. and she's pretty damn good at remembering things.. In fact my teacher has offered to give us lunch lessons (although she's never had to do this with other years) so that's indicative of how much we really suck..

So I was pretty disappointed with those results but.. it happened.. I can probably do better if I make the effort.. and that's that! I'm happy with Maths and English Paper 1.. and I haven't got the rest of my Ancient History and English Paper 2 back so dunno bout those... hopefully they're not too bad.

Overall it's been a challenging experience.. not just trials but other things that are happening in my life.. but it's just been great that God has used this time to reassure me that He is in control of my life.. and that I don't have to worry when things seem to go wrong because I know that everything happens for a reason and that it's all for God's purpose. I've just been completely gob-smacked over just how much God loves us, that He would send Jesus to take the punishment for us.. I know it's like, "well duh fred!", but I think that fact never becomes redundant, and we never should feel like it does.. it's still left me completely in awe of God, especially in the past few weeks.

I haven't had a very productive week.. even though I know it's not all over yet but it feels that, just for a short time.. it is.. haha I know there's a lot of hard work ahead but.. it's good to have a little tiny bit of time off after all the stress of the trials... nevertheless, I have an assessment due on Monday so I think I should definately get started on that.. it'll probably take me tonight and all of saturday and maybe a little bit of sunday... but it should be manageable. I have the sudden urge to go shopping.. and omgosh it's such a beautiful day today, the first day of spring.. woohoo! I can wait to hang at my friend's place, lie on the sun deck and swim in the pool... after hsc of course... oh man it's gonna be so good!

I can't believe I'm graduating in a few weeks.. it's so scary and exciting at the same time.. I know I'm gonna cry for sure!!

I can't believe us Yr 12s will have to leave One Way soon.. aww it's so sad! But going to Night Church isn't so much of a shock I guess since we've gone a few times already.. but aww it's gonna be so different! I'm gonna miss everyone... (until of course they graduate and then they'll be at night church too)!

Ch-ch-ch-changes... and a lot of them. It's been a big year! I'm still trying to grasp everything.. it's so surreal.. I don't think my dad can believe it either.. I think he looks at me and still sees a five year old kid... I mean I know I'm short but, C'MON! jks jks...

No comments: