Congratulations Class of 2006!
So ladies and gentlemen.. you are now looking at a high school graduate! Well of course it's not all over yet but basically... the class of 2006 have made it! We have gotten through 13 years of schooling. Anyway.. I'm not feeling all too sentimental about it. I thought I would but.. I'm not. Maybe it just hasn't hit home yet.
This is the first year of my high school life that I haven't gotten an academic award. Strange that the year where it all counts is the one in which I don't perform to the best of my ability. I always thought it would've been the other way around. Not that I did really bad this year.. I just could've done better.. and I'm not just saying that. I worked pretty hard all year round.. but I bummed out in my trials. Seems a shame but I can't do anything about it now.
It's been a wake-up call though. I was talking to my Mum after graduation night and she was all supportive.. you know.. "it's ok.. you didn't do too bad.. you just need to try harder" and I know she's right. I can't do anything about my internal assessment anymore.. it's done.. it's finalised... but I CAN do something about my HSC mark so now's the time to pick up some momentum. I need to get organised and get everything prepared. In a weird way.. I actually like the focused me.. or at least the concept of a focused me. I'm still getting back into it but I think I'm getting there. Two months of hard work.. that's not alot compared to 3 months of relaxation and relative freedom. So study now, party later right!
We had our muck-up assembly yesterday. It was sooo hilarious.. but I guess a few of the kids took it too seriously. Anyway.. there was a lot of signing of shirts and taking photos.. it was definately more meaningful than graduation night. My friends couldn't go out afterwards and since I considered yesterday to be my official last day of bludging.. I called up Cindy so that we could chat and have lunch. Had a blast!
I went home and cleaned up my room.. which Baby Steph can assure you.. looked like a war zone. I'm not exaggerating.. papers piled on and under my desk.. clothes and bags on the floor.. definately not pretty. I got a filing system organised with those colourful wallet folder thingoes.. you know like manilla folders except they were colourful and were wallets. One for every topic of every subject I'm doing so I can actually find and look through my sheets! It's true that you need a nice environment to study in, otherwise you won't feel like studying.
Note to the yr 12s of 2007.. get organised at the beginning of the year. Get a filing cabinet or shelves or something and sort out places to but all your school work coz by the end of the year your teachers will have cut down the entire Amazon forest!
Oh and pace yourselves. This is a marathon.. not a sprint. You cannot expect to be working at lightspeed throughout the whole year. You WILL get tired and you WILL burn out! Been there.. done that. So.. don't use all your hardwork and energy at the beginning of the year.. just try do good enough in the beginning.. and then pick up your speed towards the end coz that's when it really counts guys.
All in all.. remember that the course of your life will not depend on you getting a good UAI because THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN THE HSC! However.. this is not an excuse for you to bludge. Think of it this way. You have been given this opportunity to further your education and many many people do not have that.. plus.. there is nothing worse than doing crap because you didn't try your best and knowing that you could've done better. If you try your best and still do crap well then it's ok because you tried your best and you can't do better than your best.
Anyway... you guys will soon be starting a scary and exciting new journey and you're going to experience a lot of highs and los... but I just hope and pray that in everything you'll remember that ultimately God is in control and that you were made to bring glory to Him.. so try to praise Him with all you do.. and remember that you have loving brothers and sisters in Christ who have been through it and who would absolutely love to help you out in any way that you need.
ooo ok.. I've kind of went on a bit haven't I? Alrighty well.. I have to get back into 'the zone'. Peace out everyone! I love you's all!
No comments:
Post a Comment