Just checking in..
Nothing much to report people.
Had lunch in the city on Tuesday. That was pretty good. It was also my brother's birthday on that day so while everyone walked to The Botanical Gardens I went to Myers (accompanied by Mich) and got my brother a tie. I don't usually give him anything for his birthday (coz my mum says that he's bigger than me and earns money unlike me and he can afford to get me something and I shouldn't worry about getting him anything...... well mummy says so right ;P) but he helped me out a lot this year and got me a really awesome present.. lol.. so I thought I'd get him something to say thank you.. I had extra money lying around anyway (my parents upped my allowance for some reason.. who am I to complain right ;P). So yeah.. we after a bit of looking I found the tie that I thought would suit him and so we went to meet the others at the Botanical Gardens.
We went from The Domain side so.. we had a little "jungle" adventure let's call it, through the Botanical Gardens.. two brave young women navigating their way through the treacherous bounds of nature.. sounds exciting no? =D .. so we used the maps to find our way towards the circular quay side of the gardens and lo and behold... our keen sense of direction and intuition led us to the others! Yay for us! =P
So as usual we sat at The Botanical Gardens for a while.. figuring out anne's metal puzzle thing.. (those things are so cool! especially when you throw them up in the air.. they make a cool sound =P) and again, as usual.. we walked from there to Capitol, sat at Passionflower, looked at the menu, and realised it was too expensive.. and decided to get take-away.. that is, me and neil decided to get take-away.
After that there was a little more walking.. and then we went our separate ways. I got a lift from Jemz's mum to Glory Printing. See we were going to dinner that night (my brother's b'day) and my parents were going to pick up the Gunawans at the shop so instead of going home I thought I'd bum at the shop for an hour. So I sat at the back and read Cosmo or one of those mags that was lying around there.
Then my parents picked me up and we went to Cockle Bay to have dinner at Nick's Seafood. We ordered 3 seafood platters and ooooohhh my gosh, was I stuffed at the end of the night. Not only did we eat that, but we went to have coffee at... can you believe it, Passionflower (hey I had nothing to do with that decision).. and I simply couldn't resist.. and had another scoop of Black Sesame ice cream. So if I wasn't feeling sick after eating all that seafood.. I definately felt sick after the ice cream. A button from my shirt literally popped.. and I still haven't found it.. it's so sad. It was a gift from someone just this christmas (the shirt, not the button =P) and it was a size too small for me so.. guess it's to be expected.
Gave my brother the tie and he seemed to like it. My brother's not the type to hide what he truly thinks (e.g. last year I got him a cd and when I asked him whether he liked it or not.. he said.. "what's so good about it" lol.. which made me nervous about this gift) so when he said that he liked it.. I'm hoping that he really did like it.. haha. It seemed like something that he would wear so yeah.. hope he liked it.
On Wednesday I went to JB in the city to get some speakers so I can listen to music while playing bball and not worry about breaking my Ipod. Couldn't find anything good in the city so I thought I'd go to Bondi to see what they had at their JB. First I went to Angus and Robertson and bought Return of the King with the voucher I got from Nat (thanks sweets!). So I hopped on a train to Bondi. Got this really nice one, which made me feeling like travelling interstate or something. So I sat there reading The Two Towers and looking out the window occasionally. I was in one of those moods, where I need to have time to myself, so it was a really nice train ride. I can see why people would want to travel on their own.
Anyway I got to Bondi, had a look at JB, but there still wasn't anything good. So I went up to Harvey Norman, they didnt have anything either. But while I was there I bumped into Nate & Kate. It was really weird coz I was standing right in front of them but I'm the type of person that doesn't look at people's faces so I totally didn't notice until Kate shouted my name.. haha. So that was really random. After that I went to Target and found the speakers that I wanted. Yay for me.
Then I hung around, had something to eat.. and read some more LOTR while waiting for my mum to finish work so I could catch the same train home with her, and it worked out perfectly.
I was so buggered when I got home that I fell asleep at like 9:30 which is reaaaaally early for me.
Ok so that was wednesday (trying to keep track of the days here). On Thursday I spent the day at home. It was really hard for me to get up coz I had a really nice dream lol so I didn't feel like getting up. I can't really remember much of what happened, but just remember experiencing an incredible feeling of joy and happiness.
Spent the day mostly on YouTube. Man it's sooo good. Got some vids off talk shows like Letterman and Ellen. Sooo funny. I watched a vid of Matt Damon impersonating Matthew McConaughey on the Late Show with David Letterman (after Deb's recommendation of it).. it was hilarious! He's soo good. And got some Lauren Graham, Robin Williams, & Jennifer Garner action too. Funny that Lauren Graham is really similar to her character on Gilmore Girls (like, awkward funny kind of, and she babbles a lot, but she's pretty funny). I wonder, with these talk shows, they prepare before hand don't they? I mean, they get prepped on the questions and stuff right?
Chin gave me the link of some uber weird german music video.. so funny but really really weird. And also a vid from a Japanese game show where they trick these Jap ppl into sitting on a massage chair, naked, for some reason, and then throw them out into the snow via a trapdoor. It was prettty hilarious.
Played some basketball too in the afternoon for a good solid hour with my new speakers. Yay it was very enjoyable. I was afraid that I'd worked myself too hard coz I was feeling all numb and tingly afterwards.. but my body wasn't too sore today.. so I played another solid hour. And then had baked beans on toast. Lol dunno why I chose to share that but oh well.. guess you guys should know of the yumminess of baked beans on toast. =D
Now I'm hungry.
Hmmm... guess I did have a bit to report after all. Although most of that was probably insubstantial.
Not planning much for the days ahead. Going to the beach on sunday just to tan and chat or read or something. Should be nice. Then on Tuesday, I think it is, I'm heading of to Melbourne with my parents. Yay! Coincidentally my mum's brother just moved there from NZ so I get to see my lil boy cousins whom I haven't seen in years so I'm excited to see what they're like now. Also going to watch the tennis on thursday night, and I should be back by saturday or sunday or something. So that should be good. Only problem is uni offers will come out when I'm in Melbourne. Dunno what the deal is with accepting offers and stuff (although I probably should).
Okie dokie.. this is me, signing off. Until next time! =D
No comments:
Post a Comment