Monday, August 29, 2005

Here's your extra dose..

Hey. I'll make any excuse not to study right now.. so here I am.. seduced by the lure of blogging!

Today in 1st period some drunk guy drove into our school with a 4WD (of all the cars for a drunk dude to be driving.. it had to be a 4WD!!) and went into my friend's class and was also banging on the lockers and stuff. Anyway.. they eventually got him out of the school but it was really weird. Anyway.. we went to 2nd period.. and my friend and I saw these 2 polive officers from the window, walking past. Lol.. and we both thought that one of them was kinda cute. And even though we sat all the way at the back of the class... our teacher saw us eyeing them and says, "Are you checking out the police officers?!?!".. and we go.. "what?! No!!"... lol. But yeah.. I dunno what is with us and tall guys in uniform. So anyway at Recess my other friends who had different classes said they saw him too and thought he was cute. Lol. Hmm.... see what happens with teenage girls. Can't imagine when my year went to Jindabyne for 5 days and were perving on some pretty ugly looking guys imo (I didn't go). But when you're with a whole bunch of girls stuck in the mountains with no other guys around... guess you get kinda desperate for eye candy.

Oh yeah.. I just remembered something about last week. We were in Maths and my teacher was doing up a question on the board that someone had a problem with and she made a mistake (as she often does.. but hey.. she's only human!).. and this girl who hardly ever does her work or comes to class says to her, "Ms, I think you need to polish up your maths".

My teacher just ignored her for a while.. but then she turned around and said, "You know there's this saying, 'Let him who has no sin throw the first stone'. Does anyone know who said that and what it means?".

This was sounding very familiar to me.. but I couldn't quite put my finger on where I'd heard it. No one else knew either so she said, "Jesus! And it means that you shouldn't condemn other people when you yourself should be condemned. So unless you're Jesus, then don't condemn people."

So I was thinking... hmmm... when did Jesus say that and did she take that verse out of context or not? Then I remembered! It was when the Jewish leaders had caught a prostitute and wanted to stone her to death so they could trap Jesus and have a reason to arrest him... so they like said to him.. (not word for word) "look at this sinner! What are you going to do about it?" and then Jesus says, "Let him who has no sin throw the first stone at her." Then all the people slowly started to go away without a word. I remember hearing that story on Nathan Tasker's CD. It's from John 8:1-11 if you wanna read it for yourself.

It just really hit me how wise Jesus was.. but not only that.. but how loving he was as well. We all can't help looking down on people and condemning them. But Jesus, the perfect man, who was without sin, came to Earth not to condemn us, but to save us. How cool is that! Really mind blowing I reckon. Just wanted to share that with you.

Remaja (my youth group), now called One Way are gonna have a celebration for our "birthday"! I'll keep you posted about what it's gonna be about. I think it'll have something to do with paths in life.. different religions.. which is the right path to choose? But don't quote me on that. Will give you an official statement in a few weeks.. plus invitations! Yes that's right! Huey, Caro, Jenny, Nayna (if you could come all that way but I doubt you could.. hehe.. just thought I'd say your name so you wouldn't feel left out or something) please come if you can make it. It'll be on October the 8th from 6pm at Randwick.. so transport will not be a problem. There will probably be Homo sapiens of the male breed there.. as well as food of the Pizza type.. fun fun FUN games (as I've been told)... a video.. music and singing.. a skit (sorta like a mini drama piece which will probably be either funny or really meaningful)... as well as other goodies.. but don't come for those things.. come for the talk on the topic of "Which path?" or something like what I explained before. It'll be an awesome AWESOME night. It's in the holidays I think isn't it? Pretty sure.. so yeah.. you don't have anything to lose. So I'll keep you posted on that and what's going on.

Alrighty well.. I should go eat now and.. pull myself away from this computer. Bye!!


15While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the "sinners" and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: "Why does he eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"

17On hearing this, Jesus said to them,
"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.
I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

- Mark 2:15-17

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sani! Who's the girl? Oh! Elizaveta, right? It has to be, I can't think of anyone else in that class who'd say something like that! She's so annoying and rude. Poor Ms. Jagger, but yeah, well done on the witty comeback! Hehe - Jesus is very wise!

Jen said...

Hey Sani! Thanks for commenting.. yes I was surprised.. but in a good way.. hehe =)

U guessed right Caro.. yeah Jesus is very wise hehe.

Jen said...

yeah.. pretty harmless eyeing!!

well we learnt not to compromise in GG so.. there ya go. Trying to put it into practice.. hehe.

Anonymous said...

hey.. i only saw the police car driving past.. no cute guy.. damit.. heheh.. oh wells..

yeh elizabetha a bum...