Sunday, August 28, 2005

Mix it up..

Hmmm this week's been pretty busy. Gone pretty quickly too. Was feeling a bit lost like.. didn't know what day it was and stuff. I forgot to bring my Bible for bible study on Friday (again!) so Nat, Karen, and I just ended up talking.

That reminds me. We (my school in general) had been told off for lagging about and not going to class as soon as the bell goes. We get told off heaps because we just linger around maybe like.. even 10 minutes after the bell's gone. So anyway.. after lunch on Friday I had english.. so I saw some ppl who are in my english class including one of my friends.. just sitting around so I thought.. "ok.. I'll wait for them".. but really.. I was getting a bit nervous coz we should've been getting to class. But didn't seem to bother them. I really felt like going.. but I didn't want them to think I was a "goody-two-shoes" so I stayed.. even after my friend told me I could go. So anyway.. I walk to the bin to throw something away.. then when I get back.. one of the girls has already left for class.. and then one that stayed behind said "I swear, she's such a goody-two-shoes".. Farout! She's supposed to be her friend man! my gosh. So I said.. "hey don't be mean!" (jokingly) and then walked off to class as well.. Then that girl calls out jokingly "hey goody-two-shoes!"... hmmm... guess peer pressure does get me after all..

In growth group today we talked about continuing to trust God even when people put us down for being christians. Guess we shouldn't be surprised when people persecute us for what we believe. Being friends with God means being the world's enemy. So it's only natural that we'd be different from the people around us. Whenever I have doubts about my faithfulness and whenever I fail to do the things I should do.. I take comfort in what God has done for me. The world tells you to have self-confidence, to have self-esteem. It's not that I don't have any self-esteem or anything. But my value comes not from myself... but from God.. what He has done and given me.. for His unfailing love for me. Whenever I feel down that always gives me comfort.

I've been reading this book.. coz I felt like reading a book.. as I often do.. and I think it's pulling me away from reality again. I love it when you're really stuck into a book... but I hate it too. Think I might return it.. it's distracting me.. not only from school but from God as well. Funny how you wouldn't think a harmless book could do that... but it can.

Sometimes I can't seem to figure some people out. Just puzzles me.. what's on people's minds and why they act the way they do. I wonder how some people could be acting so foolishly, as if they didn't have any self-control? Following their crush around like a dog and trying to be alone with them all the time? Farout.. get a hold of yourself. Spend time with other people for once. Just seems foolish to me.. sorry if I'm being mean or something.. but.. just annoying. Intimacy without commitment is definately stupid and not something we should be pursuing. Cherish your singleness.. use this time to develop friendships with other people and not just that special person. Give it time.. be friends for a few more years.. is that so hard?

Anyway.. sorry... just having a bit of a rave.

Had a good time at Sandy's place today. HAPPY 17TH BUBZ!! Just hanging around.. lots of laughs.. Jemz, Sam.. haha.. hilarous!! Well anyway... had a good day all in all. Won't go into it with too much detail. So I'm gonna end it here.

Oh yeah.. I'm gonna be a bridesmaid!! How exciting!! But.. erm... me, in a pink dress? Uhhh..... hmmm... we'll just have to see about that... hehe. No idea how I'm gonna do my hair though.. lol.. not much to do! haha.

Cya guys!


"If you feel your value lies in being merely decorative, you might find yourself believing that's all you really are. Time erodes all such beauty. But what it cannot diminish is the workings of your mind:your humor, your kindness, and your moral courage. These are the things I cherish so in you"
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

No comments: