Sunday, July 16, 2006


Behold the healing powers of social interaction!


I figured that I'm gonna be out all day tomorrow so thought I better post now before I forget about the great weekend (so far) that I had.

On Friday, before my friend's party, I went to see doctor Lesmana to check my eyes. Haha he looked up my chart and told me that I hadn't been to him in 4 years. Anyway everything is A-OK, but my measurement went up by 0.5 so now it's -2.75 (ahhhh getting blinder as the years go by).... and apparently my stigma-wha-chu-ma-call-it is getting worse... so basically my eyeball is continuing contort into a weird shape (like it's not a weird shape already!!).. so that means no more watching Gilmore Girls while lying sideways on my bed coz apparently that makes it worse.. he kept telling me to "please open your eyes bigger".. sounds like my dentist telling me to open my mouth wider... look.. it's not my fault that most of my features come in XXS ok! hehe jk... so anyway he's fixed me up with some one-day disposable contacts and a pair of glasses (just as a back-up).. going to pick them up on wednesday.

Anyway.. I went to my friend's party and it was great fun! We ate lots of junk food.. and some really nice home-made pizzas and pasta.. and watched Malibu's Most Wanted...?? Weird, weird movie.. haha I don't recommend it. So stupid lol. But it was fun making fun of it. Then we ate cake and the usual... and then.... haha we got the hair straightener out and started doing our hair (mostly soft curls) and doing make-up.. lol.. yes girls will be girls. It was really fun! Especially since for once, I could actually DO something with my hair.. one of the perks of leaving it long. So we talked about formal and stuff... it was good! Had an enjoyable time.. and glad that she liked our present.. did I tell you? She's really creative so we got her all this scrapbooking stuff.. can't wait to see it when it's filled!

Today was awesome too. Went to music practice. Lol my dad drove me in the bus.. and since it was raining and D&D were late.. everyone like got into our bus to shelter themselves from the rain (coz guys never think to bring umbrellas do they! =P).. and then my dad drove us around the block a few times.. haha. The actual music prac was great! We learnt 4 new songs which is sooo cool! And Neil gave his encouragement presentation which was really really encouraging.. proud of ya Neil! And then Darwin gave us something to think about.. what was it again? (haha just kidding).. like, once again, why we serve as musicians and singers.. does it come from a heart that longs to worship God and encourage others? Or is it self-seeking or just done mechanically?

Afterwards we had lunch at In Chan (the new tradition hehe) which was yummy! Then some of us went to the UNSW library to do research or just study (I know.. aren't we such good kids!.. lol jks).. I was trying to find this book on Pompeii & Herculaneum for ancient, on Level 6 and since it's uni holidays it's quiet-as... so I was so on edge walking through all those tall shelves... and couldn't find the book I was looking for after like half an hour of walking aimlessly around. In the end I decided to go research TB for my bio assignment.. went to the Biomed section (which is so much nicer than the rest of the library... not fair!).. and found this really good book on it.. so I'm glad that my time & effort wasn't a complete waste. Everyone else seemed to get the sources they needed and work done so it felt really good being productive.. especially as a group.. hehe.. waddyaknow, going to the library can be fun afterall!

Afterwards we walked to Easy Way and split up from there. I had to wait for my dad to pick me up so I went to Kate's house and we sat out the back and talked about stuff.. hehe it was cool. She's got this cute new puppy too... he's so hyper!

When my parents picked me up we decided to go to Campsie to have Korean BBQ for dinner. They had reaaaaallly nice Bulgogi.. nice and soft! We went to that place.. where my parents say that a lot of pemuda ppl go to apparently.. can't remember the name.. but it's cool coz they have a section where you sit on the floor and you have to take your shoes off.. and a section where u can sit at tables. One bad thing about Korean BBQ is that it makes you stinky as ever! Especially when the door is open and the wind is blowing in your direction. But it's a totally cool dining experience!

So that's been my weekend so far. I'm so glad to have gone out and spent time with friends.. being alone all the time makes you depressed after a while.. I didn't go out of my house for days on end during the week... I can't imagine ever living alone.. especially for the rest of your life (arggghhhh... I don't wanna be a spinster!! =P)

Arrivederci! (just felt like saying that.. hope I spelt it right =P)

No comments: