Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Carols in the Domain..

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
- Matthew 1:21



Pre-dinner snack..


The winnings.... lol since we all chipped in for a bag we split the winnings by playing cards for em..


Trying to figure out how to put the candleholders together.. I failed on several accounts..


Thumbs up! Or.. more like.. to the side! Hahaha.. I think huey was scared of my thumbs.. but I can't help it! They're just like that!!


My santa impression.. lol =P


Fireworks.. yay! So cool!!


Woopsie.. haha.. that's what I get for not reading the fine print properly..


Under cover.. lol.. we made a pretty good umbrella sheltered environment.. we were lying down btw....... I... don't know why? Guess coz our backs were aching from sitting up.. and then it started to rain..


Awww.. it's over.. =(


Yay! Carols was actually more fun than I thought it would be. Of course there were downsides, like smokers & drinkers (especially when they were stupid underage teenagers).. but it was fun to be outside (even though it was raining) and just.. chillax... and some of the acts weren't bad either. I would go again next year.. it was like a nice little picnic with entertainment..

Oh and I thought it was awesome too that the woman that started Carols mentioned the true meaning of Christmas... a celebration of the day that our saviour Jesus was born... kind of sad how it's all turned to materialism.. makes me not feel like celebrating that kind of christmas.... and I worry about how to teach my kids what Christmas really is about.. I don't want them to grow up greedy and materialistic.. a product of a materialistic society.. but it's all around us..

Posted by Picasa

No comments: