Friday, December 29, 2006

You know we belong together..

So yesterday I went to Palm Beach with Bob, Jenny and Huey and we had such a good time! The 2 hour bus ride was a bit of a bummer.. but once we got down there (at like noon) and got into the water it was soooo worth it! The water was so clean and clear compared to our beaches. There wasn't so many people that it was over crowded or not enough that it was a hole.. just right! After swimming we tanned a bit and then got hungry.. so we went to look for food. We were down at the southern end.. and the beach was really realllllly long... and we were told that the only hot food place was down on the northern end... so we walked allllllllll the way down there..... and the food was pretty yummy.. they had a nice tartare sauce mixed with some herbs... it was sooo good! Then we walked down to the beach again.. this time the northern side.. and the beach where they film Home & Away.. so we walked down that walk way thing.. and it was cool... (hahaha is that lame? =P)... then while I had a nice nap on the beach, the others swam some more.. It was the perfect day to go to the beach too, not too hot, not too cold... bit windy though in the afternoon. We had trouble walking up that walk way thing that they walk on on Home & Away coz it was soooo friggen steeep!! We were like.. "damn, these h&a people must be in really good shape!".. haha so after that we went to the bus stop and 2 hours later.. we were back at Railway Square. Really fun day all in all.. I would definatly go up there again..

The day before (the 27th) my mum and I, naturally, went shopping to the city... mostly at Myers for some reason. I spent like $80 alone on underwear and bras.... I had no idea it was that expensive!!! And that was after 30% off too. My aunty usually sends them from indo (she amazingly knows my size).

I also bought a pair of denim shorts for $30, orginally double the price and then I bought a $12 acoustic compilation cd from Dirt Cheap Cds.. pretty good compilation of songs.. most I've never heard of before so I'm still familiarising myself with the songs. But so far it's turning out pretty good.. it's like, the 5th in the series.. 2 cds, 20 songs on each... pretty good huh!!?!? Some of the artists include Oasis, Snow Patrol, Damien Rice, Ray LaMontagne, Aimee Mann, Martha Wainwright, Feeder, Travis, Eva Cassidy, Stereophonics, Vanessa Carlton, Jose Gonzalez, Bloc Party.. and heaps of others..

I slept alot today.. after having a pretty full on day yesterday.. and I've been reading The Fellowship of the Ring for the whole day... maaaannnn it is soooooooo good! I haven't read it in a few years.. and I've forgotten how good it is. I know how ppl say they can't get into it.. but you've just gotta stick to it!! Amazing how Tolkien creates such a detailed world.. he's definately the forerunner of all fantasy stories.. people try to copy him but they'll never eeeeeever come close!! Just a tip if anyone wants to read the LOTR series.. I reckon you should read The Hobbit first because it'll give you a better understanding of the series. It's not too hard to read or anything, I mean, c'mon, I read this book when I was 12!! And the series gets better with every book too. I've got the first two books.. so now I wanna get the 3rd book... but there's not a lot of copies left coz it's everyone's favourite.. and too right too! It's the best one!! I'm thinking of getting The Silmarillion too.. another book by Tolkien.. one of these days...

Thinking of changing my blog layout.. getting kinda bored of it..

Laterz!

No comments: