Sorry that I haven't blogged in a while. I haven't been able to access a computer this week since my brother has been busy studying his butt off.
Busy weekend. Kinda hectic. Throughout the week I was trying to get organised so that I could do all the things I need to do this weekend, because it was gonna be a doozy! On Friday night had an intimate family gathering at a nice restaurant where there was live music, well, one guy, and his music. He sang all the classics, and also some new ones, including Toxic, She Will Be Loved, The Reason, and that's all I can remember. He wasn't too bad actually. Better to listen to than look at mind you.
Saturday I planned to go shopping in the morning but was too tired to, so slept in as much as I could, then had to go to music practice and was about 20 minutes late. Sorry! I always end up being late! It was great! Got the chords for the the new songs so... happy chick here! Plus I got plenty of time to play the church's steel stringed acoustic. I love that guitar it's so nice to play and listen to.
Afterwards I went to Bondi with my mum to search for non other than Pride & Prejudice on dvd. Alas, my search was in vain! Lol.. JB & DJ were sold out. Myer had it but was much too expensive. Target had it, but I wanted to get it from DJ so I could use my voucher. Anyway spent a few hours walking from one end of bondi to the other and was quite annoyed, so went home empty handed. I guess this means I probably shouldn't get it. Guess I could live without it *wink*.. Well... we'll see!
Sunday my family and I woke up a little later than usual so sorry I wasn't there to help set up. It was nice to hear Jenny, Trisnadi, and Darwin singing harmony. We had another guest speaker (forgot his name) who talked about missionaries. I thought he spent a bit too much time talking about South America than about God's word. In the end he did talk about why people become missionaries and what missionaries do. The following are the notes that I got down.
What is a missionary?
- someone that is sent to teach others about Jesus and God's great love for us
Why become a missionary?
- In Phillipians 1, despite Paul's suffering, he is still able to be excited and joyful, because he can see the big picture. He knows that by sharing the good news, more people will kn ow about Jesus and accept his forgiveness. This is why he is a missionary.
- missionaries basically do what every christian does, except they do it somewhere else, say another country for example.
How can we get involved in missions?
- pray for particular missionaries
- support mission agencies
- run mission awareness opportunities
- become a missionary or... get sent!
I had one2one with Debby today as well. A lot of discussion again which was good.
After that most of us all went to the Tabetas' place for Michelle and Nicholas' birthday celebration. Fun day all in all. Had a very cool jam session with Kate, since the guys are always having theirs. Kate on drums, me on guitar. We played Blessed Be Your Name. Kate's pretty good at drums! It was great fun. Let's have another one! hehe
Got home.. talked to Mum again.. as usual (there's always a lot to say on Sunday).
I'm struggling with like, being tolerant with people that get on my nerves, and also being patient and trusting God's timing. It is so so hard *grimaces*.
Had some discussion about burning cds and recording music to mp3 players or md players, as in, whether it's right/wrong. I reckon.. it's good and all to be thinking of it.. but there are more important things to worry about, like whether we are loving the people around us. Just because you don't burn cds, doesn't necessarily make you a "good person", especially if you're not loving others. I mean, what's more important? I dunno... what's your opinion? It sounds a tad bit legalistic to me. I know that God wants us to obey the authorities, but, what exactly do copyright laws say? If I'm not mistaken (which I very well could be) doesn't it say you just can't produce it for mass production/distribution? Also.. if musicians were so worried about ppl copying their music, why don't they make their albums non... copyable? (what's the word, I can't remember). I know that John Mayer's done it. Anyway.. give your opinion on the topic if you like.
OH! Got flyers for RICE 2005! It sounds so awesome! I also bought 3 badges (they're pretty cool.. good idea people!). Can't wait! I hope my friends from school come, especially 2 of them (you know who you are).
Oh btw.. I finally watched Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. Loved it! Hilarious! She is hilariously unbelievable, and the things that happen to her.. lol! Loved Colin Firth in it. I'm still so in love with Mr Darcy! lol.. all my friends agree.
Anyway.. that's all for now. Have a good week everyone!
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Sprit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying eachother.
- Galatians 5:22-26
No comments:
Post a Comment