There is no sadder story than the one of this man
who lost everything that he owned.
Everything he treasured was ripped from his hands
and he found himself all on his own.
And his friends just sat around him and told him deny
but he shocked them with his reply.
He said "I'm waiting, I'm waiting for Him,
and when the gates open up I'll be walking in,
and then I'll know that my waiting has not been in vain
for everything that He took from me,
everything that He took from me
He'll give it back again".
So many years have passed now but nothing's really changed;
we all live to survive.
As people starve around us and our loved ones die,
so many asking me "Why?"
How can I hold on to something I can't see
through all of life's misery?
I said "I'm waiting, I'm waiting for Him,
and when the gates open up I'll be walking in,
then I'll know my waiting will not be in vain
for everything I give up for Him,
everything I give up for him
He'll give it back again".
I am waiting..
There is no other story that cuts right to the bone,
filled with injustice and pain.
About the God of glory who watched His only son
die in our place, in our shame.
He says "I'm waiting, I'm waiting for them,
and when the gates open up I'll watch them walk in
and they will know that they're waiting has not been in vain
for everything they give up for me,
everything the give up for me
I'll give it back again".
I'm waiting..
-------------------------------
Another one by Nathan Tasker! I really love this song. When I was listening to it, I just realised what a great comfort it is. Then when I read today's ODB, it was like, exactly what this song is saying. Amazing. Anyway... hope it comforts you too. Isn't it just great that no matter what we suffer, no matter how much life stinks.. we have everything in Heaven. I think it's great! Belissimo!
Friday, June 03, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment