On Saturday, I woke up and got all my important homework out of the way. By 3:30 I was done, and wondering what to do with myself. Then I remembered that I had a bucket load of ironing to do so, I set the ironing board up and everything, put on A Walk to Remember, and did the ironing while watching it. It actually made ironing less of a chore, and thankfully I didn't accidentally burn my hand or something while I was looking at the screen. I still love that movie, even though it's a bit corny in some places and unrealistic. Some bits are genuine and heartfelt. I was close to crying, again! Anyway, after about 4 hours, my dad took over because my hand was hurting quite a bit.. lol. Wasn't much of a chore in the end. I wouldn't mind doing it again, as long as I can put a dvd or some music on.
Today was great! I woke up, made breakfast, and was dropped off at One Way. It was kinda nice to have a break from singing, and really great to participate in the worship service led by the leaders. It was good to see Robert again, and get to know a little bit about Irma's brother Victor. Also good to see Alison come to One Way for her second week and join Growth Groups afterwards.
In GG we summed up by discussing what action we could take from what we had learnt about encouraging others. Everyone made a commitment to a certain course of action and we are all to hold eachother accountable to it. My commitment is to post summaries of talks on my blog in case anyone is curious, and I was also thinking about starting a little bible study during lunch times at school, maybe every monday or friday. We'll probably just start with the 4 of us, me, michelle, natasha, and alison, and hopefully, in time, and God willing, more people will start joining in. I thought maybe we could have some discussions or read a book together over the course of a few weeks or something, just get together to pray, share, and encourage eachother. God willing we'll be able to form a little tight knit christian community in school, sorta like a refuge from the pressures we all face every day, and maybe eventually start asking friends to sit in and join in the discussion. So please pray for that guys. Thanks in advance! =D
After GG the majority of us went to Jeremy's house to celebrate his birthday. We all sat around in the backyard and ate Thai food that his Mum had kindly provided for us. Some people played basketball, frisbee, football, cricket, and also... wait for it... catch the water balloon. Yeah.. people stood around in a circle and threw a few water balloons around. Most people escaped unscathed, except for Nicholas, who was wet all over his shirt and pants.. lol. Meanwhile, Debby, Kathleen and myself chose to sit on a mat and have a nice little chat in the sunshine. Our conversation went from Pride and Prejudice to mood swings.. lol. It was really nice. Then we went upstairs coz it was getting a bit cold and were joined by Michelle. We talked some more... about stuff... and then heard some people going home so decided it was probably time for us to go aswell. I went to Kate's house coz my Dad was washing the car at home or something and would still be a while. Then went to the backyard and saw the granny flat or whatever it is, whilst avoiding the dogs after Kate telling me about how much one of them smelled.. haha! The thing at the back is sooo nice an cosy. Nate should move out there and pay rent or something.. hehe. Nah it's a cool place to jam too apparently. Then went back inside and talked somemore with Kate and Nate, then Dad picked me up. We were both pretty hungry so we decided to eat at Miss Saigon in Hurstville. Really nice vietnamese place with good value for your meal and nice tasting food. I recommend it. They're never quiet there, even during the day on weekdays. Then went home, had a shower, and here I am.
Tomorrow I shall be waking up bright and early, making my own breakfast, and walking to the station. It's really nice in the morning because you have the fresh morning air but also the morning sun to keep you warm. Kinda lonely though without my Mum.. but good time to reflect on life and that sorta thing.. hehe. My Mum and brother should be coming back friday night. Yay! Home cooked food again! (not that I mind eating out)
I missed her today coz I didn't get to have my usual talk with her after I got home from One Way.. hehe. But talking with Deb and Kate was sufficient enough =P
this saturday Deb and I are planning to go to Koorong and start our 1 on 1 bible study again. The reason we're doing it at Koorong is that I wanna get Nathan Tasker's cd and also some pressies for the June babies (2 at the moment.. anyone else wanna fess up?), so Deb thought we'd go there and then have 1 on 1 at the cafe up the back, which'd be nice, but I suppose it depends how busy they are?
Anyways... hope you all have a good week and don't forget about God!
Ciao!
Sunday, June 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah.. I suppose I'm lucky I didn't burn my hand or something =P
kids.. don't try that at home! hehe
- Jen
Post a Comment