(sigh) My dad's singing really loudly (and BADLY may I mention) right now whilst vaccuming. I'm trying to be tolerant, lol.
Spent Saturday writing an essay for english and other hw. You know I really like writing essays. I dunno. Anything to do with writing, I like, especially when you know what you're talking about, haha. Finished it, watched Moulin Rouge (love the music. .and ewan mcgregor!). I quite like musicals actually (e.g. Sound of Music!!). Baz Luherman makes really good movies. I think he's a genius! hehe. At night the family and I went to dinner at Pancakes on the Rocks. It was sooo hard to find parking! We got there, and the line went up all the way to the top of the stairs. So we queued (how on earth do you spell that!?!?!) and finally got in. By that time the line was still up till the top of the stairs. By the time we finished, the line was still up to the top of the stairs! Popular place on Saturday night!
Had One2One with Debby which was really great. We had a lot of discussion and I was rebuked.. and I'm glad that I was rebuked.. because I realise that I needed it, when I hadn't realised it before.. hehe. Lessons learnt: 1. Do not judge people! In everything, we just can't judge people (I should know this from P&P hehe. You can learn so much from reading that book!). It's not our place, and there's no way that we can make a sound judgement about people from the limited perspective that we have. Very valuable lesson. (I might need reminding again in a few weeks. Please feel free to do so.. hehe).
Deb also said some very encouraging words and I'm so so so thankful.
I love doing One2One. I feel a bit funny at first, but once you get into it, it's so great. Like just being able to intimately discuss my struggles, my triumphs, God's love and goodness in my life and the lives of others. Everything about it is great!
Luke is so hilarious! I think he's a pretty bright boy, and very.... american! hehe.Hyper active boy too. I tried talking in an american accent and he said it was pretty good (language barriers with accent and all *wink). It'd be good to see him every week, lol. I reckon he's just adorable! (he's 11 years old btw Huey, Caro, and Nayna! I'm not crushing on some guy -.-;)
After that I (and some others) went to baptism classes with Oom Joe at Kingsford. It was really good. Quite theological and as he said, conceptual, but good. He was funny as usual.. lol! And I'm looking forward to the next one!
Well that's all for now. Blog again sometime later.
Sunday, June 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nalz: lol.. didn't u read the last paragraph?.. well yeah it was good. He explained about the origin of the universe and how we were created in God's image. Talked a little bit about evolution (he's a science man.. knows a lot about that stuff). It started raining and we were outside but there were those white things covering us, and it was very cold hehe. He sort of rushed it abit.. but yeah i think we just have to read the booklet he gave us slowly on our own.. he was just sorta summarising it really quickly.
Anyway.. come next week ok!
Tommy: it was a christian song ;) yup i know luke's in year 8.. smart guy huh.
- Jen
Janjan! How'd you know I'd think of that? :D Hehe! I see you at school tomorrow! Oh, and I'll bring Love, Actually - Remeber to bring the short Story books for me from last year... Thanks!
Post a Comment