Friday, July 01, 2005

Oh no!

(sigh).. dreaded week to come before all these lovely things are happening like Retreat and RICE. Got some work to do before I can enjoy myself. Just all comes down to getting started. I have 3 assessment tasks, 2 of which I actually care about, and 1 of which involves watching 5 hours of children's tv. Fun? I think not.. although.. I might end up enjoying it.

I've seen Love Actually twice now. Borrowed it from Caro. Must say it's better the second time 'round. But now I understand why Debby wouldn't lend it to me.. lol. But.. if you disregard those bits.. then it's actually a pretty good movie. I absolutely LOVED Colin Firth in it.. he's just so adorable! And his story is so sweet! Love as a second language. Also thought Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman's story was sweet.. love lasts a lifetime. Liam Neeson was good in it too. Love the accent. And for once Hugh Grant played a decent fellow. And his girl was quite pretty despite being a bit chubby.. but i didn't think she was that chubby actually.

Amazing Race. Joyce shaving her head. Omgosh. She was really brave. I don't think any other girl in the competition would've done it. It really suited her though. I think she looked better without the hair! lol. I was nearly crying coz she was crying hehe.

I spent the whole day today bludging at home (even though I could've gone to school). I always feel guilty after bludging.. then I can't sleep... I get stressed.. end up studying pretty hard coz I'm afraid I'll fail or not get a good mark... get relatively good marks.. become over confident.. end up bludging away again... and so the cycle continues.

Got our reports on Wednesday. Feeling satisfied, pleased, & grateful. Most of my teachers talked me up so that's good. Surprising though. My maths teacher was pretty blunt and said that i could do better.. which is fair enough.. constructive criticism. Hmm.. must work equally hard this term (last term before HSC! yikes! *runs and hides*) but I'm still trying to find the balance between working really hard to get the top marks as opposed to doing whatever is required of me. I feel like it's second nature to me to work really hard coz i wanna get the top mark.. but at the same time i know that it's not everything. Should I make some changes to my attitude towards school? Is it wrong to have such desires? I can tell you it definately doesn't rule over my life.. but still? Do I need to reassess my motives and ambition?

Been a bit of a confusing week for me. I've been feeling a bit.. stretched.. or maybe.. torn is a better way to describe it. Don't wanna go into too much detail.. but yeah. It's been a bit weird. But I've been praying to God about it and I know he'll help me out somehow.

3 comments:

jbo said...

hey janice ~

i haven't seen love actually yet.. i mite borrow it next tyme.. lots of ppl sed it was good..

yeh i cant believe she shaved her head.. i reckon some of the guys wouldnt of done it neither.. heheh.. she still looks the same kinda cuz she always wears the bandana anyways..

ms jagger wrote that for my report too.. in fact she told me to concentrate more in last years report too... hehe

i think you are doing very very well with school work and life for someone your age.. you know what you want in life and have ambitions.. i wish i could be more like that..

well remember too have fun too janice..

cyas
Jenny

Anonymous said...

who cares about jagger.. she is so annoying.. tells everyone to try harder..does she ever think that maths just isn't that cool. maths ain't the world.. i've given up on maths.
janjan.it's okay to want to be first, if you compare our school the others ours is pretty bad so to be at the top is extremely important. and as ms clarke told us before..[so time in the beginning of this year] ."people will become very competitive when it comes to the HSC." and they will start to keep secrets and notes for themselves. so just be careful..

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jenny.. u're really sweet ;)

Tommy... not sure if Deb will lend it to you.. just be aware that it's not the cleanest of movies... so yes... beware!

Huey! Ms Jaggar's not that bad! Like I said it's just constructive criticism to get us to work harder. It's her way of encourageing us hehe.
And about being so competitive that you hide notes and etc.. wow I hope none of us will come to that point. That's going a bit far I think.. but I can see how it could happen.

- Jen