Preacher: Rev. Joe Mock
Bible Reading: Romans 8:1-8
Theme: The Majesty of God
Bible Passage: Psalm 8
Introduction: We won't understand life until we know God and who we are
Message:
1. The Lord is majestic
His name is majestic.
He created the universe
He created men and women
2. The special place of men and women
Crowned with glory and honour
Ruler over God's creation
God cares for us!
3. Jesus Christ as the Son of Man
This psalm is fulfilled in Jesus Christ
It is only in Jesus Christ that we find meaning as persons.
Conclusion: Are you living like a 'royal'?
This talk was great 'cause it just reinforced everything that I had learnt yesterday. I read this brilliant book a few weeks ago, Let me be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot, and one of things she said was that, most women asked the question, "Who am I" but the right question to actually ask is "Whose am I". We cannot know who we are as christians, as people, and we cannot understand what life is, until we know who God is.
This psalm stresses the fact that God's name is majestic by starting with those words and ending with them. God is all powerful, He created the universe. NowI don't have much of a problem with the theory of Evolution except for one thing. No credit is given to God. That's all! Everything just happened by chance. Oom Joe said that even this guy, who didn't want to believe in God at all, who didn't want to accept God into his life, a physicist, a science man, couldn't help but admit that the Earth could not have been created without a great Creator. The preciseness of nature, of life and everything living, of gravity - the preciseness of all the tiny billions of things that run our universe - is a testiment to the existence of God. One slight change in any of the variables (physics people you should know this) would probably mean the end of the world as we know it. The perfection of our universe, is a testiment to the existence of a great Creator, i.e. God.
We sang this son before Oom Joe gave his talk, and it really made me realise and think about how miniscule I am in God's eyes. It really humbled me. I wanna sing it in One Way. It's such a beautiful song and really touches you, especially the chorus. The lyrics are below:
Creator King - by Don Moen
Verse 1
You, Who made the mountains and the sea
Measured out the universe and you made me
Echoes of the voice that called the worlds to be
Reached throughout the ages and now speak to me
You're my Creator King
Verse 2
You, Who made the valleys and the skies
Displayed Your love on far horizons and before my eyes
You, Who lit the stars and set the dawn in time
Called them all by name and now You whisper mine
You're my Creator King
Chorus
Who am I that You are mindful of me
Who am I that You set Your love on me
You're my Creator King
Verse 3
You, Who made the darkness and the light
Sun and Moon to watch the day and guard the night
The hand that stretched the heavens like a canopy
Reaches down to cover and watch over me
You're my Creator King
All in all it was a beautiful service. Hopefully I can go next week too.
When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
- Psalm 8:3-4
No comments:
Post a Comment