Thursday, July 07, 2005

[ insert title here ]

I am absolutely loving MercyMe's album Undone! I recommend it to everyone. It's awesome! Been a source of struggle for me though. See I've been listening to my bro's copy of it.. and feeling no guilt whatsoever. I know that some may disagree but I realised a few nights ago that you simply wouldn't walk into a CD Shop and walk out with a copy of one of their CDs. Well, burning a CD is exactly the same thing except you do it in secret and don't feel the guilt. So.. I've decided to stop listening to all my burnt CDs. Might take a while for me to actually get rid of them though. I might decide to spontaneously do it one of these days though *wink*.

It's tough.. especially when I'm dying to listen to Undone and it's right there. But like a wise friend of mine said.. "it's either the cd or Jesus".. which is true in a sense. But.. on the bright side.. I can listen to 1 minute clips of the album at www.mercyme.org. Next time I go to Koorong I'll definately get it.

I stayed up last night to finish reading John Dickson's A Spectators Guide to World Religions. It was really good. I'd recommend it to anyone.. christian or not. It's an excellent, unbiased (as close as you can get to it) book and very informative. Goes through Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, & Islam. And also a lil bit about pluralism. If anyone wants to read.. I'll be glad to lend it to you.. but I have to cover it first *wink*.

Next on my list is Phillip Yancey's Where is God When it Hurts? (or something along those lines. I can't be bothered to get up and get the book =P). I really wanna read Let Me Be a Woman or Authentic Beauty again. They were really good books about womanhood and all that entails. I also wanna read Emma and Little Women. (sigh).. so many books to read. It'll make good late night reading *wink*

So anyway.. I slept at 2am.. tried to get up at 9am to watch Playhouse Disney but I was too tired/lazy. So instead... ended up waking up only at 1pm because my Dad was calling me.. He wanted to go for a drive again. So I drove him to the bank in Mortdale. Then to fill up petrol at Narwee. Nearly scratched the car apparently. Woops. Should be more careful next time. Also.. I'd apparently been using the wrong steering technique. So my Dad showed me the correct way of steering. I wonder why he didn't tell me from the beginning! I'm already so used to it! Oh well.. suppose I shouldn't question his teaching methods. And I should be thankful that I have someone so enthusiastic about driving as I am to teach me. I must admit.. my Dad is good at what he does =D.. Gotta give him credit for that.

Then I got home.. Thought about my English project some more. Then had this brilliant idea of going to the arts n crafts shop at Easties. My Dad was just about to go to the airport so I decided to tag along. He dropped me off at Easties and I went to the Reject Shop to seeif they had some cheap craft stuff. Lol.. I was actually supposed to go watch Fantastic Four with people but passed coz I thought I should do some work at home. I ended up spending half the day asleep and going to Eastgardens anyway!! I thought everyone would've gone home by the time I got there... but as I walked out of the Reject Shop, there they all stood! Lol! Didn't quite know what to say in my defence.. except of course the truth. Hehe.. so anyway.. Finally went to the Art n Craft shop and with some of help.. found the stuff I needed to get.. and managed to have a few laughs while at it =P

Then went to Mum's office and we went home together. It was good coz otherwise she would've had to walk home alone in the dark from the train station. Plus I got to spend some much missed time with my Mum (since I'm on holidays and all.. hardly ever talk to her). But I did talk to her last night so.. that was good.

When I got home I made my foam person and my prison of sin. Farout! It took quite some time. And I still have to make another one! But I kinda like doing these sorta things. Makes it all worth it at the end when you see your creation and think.. "Hey! Not too shabby! Actually looks kinda cool!".. but then again they do say that "one man's treasure is another man's trash"(yes I purposefully reversed it). You probably have no idea what I'm talking about.. foam person and prison of Sin. Oh well.. shall I explain it to you? Nah.. I don't think anyone would be remotely interested, lol.

I watched the first half of Return of the King tonight because the Cricket was on instead of LOST and Amazing Race! How rude! And I couldn't go online coz my Mum was using the computer. Sorry =( (you know who you are).

So tomorrow.. I'm going to make my 2nd prison of Sin.. this is the one my second foam person is given freedom from through Jesus' death and resurrection *wink*. You see the first foam person was imprisoned by their sin (which is made out of bendable wire btw *wink*) but the second one is given freedom. Yah.. I have to make a visual representation of Ted Hughes' poetry.. which are mainly about the vital life force that gives us life.. and the tragedy of losing that life force. So I'm gonna link it to Christianity and how God/Jesus/Holy Spirit gives christians life.. whereas other people remain caged in their prison of sin and are "dead in their transgressions". Anyway.. I shouldn't have tried to explain it..I said I wouldn't before!! lol... It's a bit complicated.. I'm not even sure it makes sense actually.. But oh well.. I still like the idea.

I've realised that I dream too big too often. That's why creating things is a bit hard for me at first.. because I want to do things that I can't do. Anyway... just a random thought. I should stop my mindless rambles now and go to bed.

I think apologies are in order once again.. =P .. just can't help myself.. there's a lot going on up here *points to head* you know... and yet I can't even think of a title.. *wink*


But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead
in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.
- Ephesians 2:4-5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paols:
I've never seen it before.. but winnie the pooh is so adorable! I love him!! hehe.

Yeah I do know nichole nordeman.. her songs are pretty good.. but I haven't listened to her in a while. You know she's got a new album out. You can preview it at www.nicholenordeman.com. I just realised though.. I don't like her voice.. it gives me a headache. But I do love her Legacy song. And Why.. that's a nice song too. But I've been listening to copies of her album so... I can't listen to them anymore =(. Deb's got 2 of them I think so you can probably borrow it off her. Sure she won't mind.

The more I listen to her new album.. the more I can't stand her voice? Dunno what it is.. (I'm sorry Deb!!) Guess my tastes have evolved since a few years ago.

Awww paols you're so lucky.. well not really.. u worked hard to do it so congrats x 100! Job well done.. enjoy your free time now =D.. you deserve it!

Tommy:
Nooo it's for a school assignment!! I wouldn't just watch it coz I feel like it.. ;)

I'll try take a picture of it when it's done.. dw.. nothing to look forward to lol.. you'll probably be awefully disappointed.. I'm too ashamed to talk about it!!*hides face dramatically* =P jks..

- Jen

Anonymous said...

cool =)
Who's Sarah Sadler? Never heard of her before?

- Jen