I had such an awesome day yesterday. Thoughts of school work and assessments were really getting me down and were the last things that I wanted to do. Sunday was a time for me to forget about all those troubles and just have fellowship with friends and enjoy myself.
The way I figure it is, I was miserable because I didn't want to do my school work and just wanted to have some fun. I've had my time of fun, I've had my day to relax and have a good time, and now's the time for me to get down to the nitty gritty. So from now on, I'll be working hard to finish my school work before Retreat! - yay! I can't wait!
At the village, baby steph, cindy, debby, kate, myself, plus nathan and occassionally daniel, had some girl talk. About guys, about girls, about relationships. Fun fun! Lol it all started when Steph was talking about Gareth (cute eurasion 17 yr old guy that caught our attention at KYCKSTART) because we found out from Nate that his dad is Al Stewart! That's right! The guy that's talking at RICE Rally - There's Gotta be More to Life. Btw Huey, Caro, Jenny, please come!! It'll be such a great day and I really really really want you guys to come =D
Cindy was stressing her opinion that the guy should make the moves and not the girl. I agree 100%. Some of the guys and one of the girls didn't seem to agree. But guys I'm not saying that if you like a girl you start chasing her straight away or tell her how you feel or ask her out straight away. You do it after much reflection and prayer. You want to minimise your chance of rejection, then how bout you find out if the girl likes you first, and you ask advice from people that you trust such as a leader or one of your family members or close friends. Most importantly, pray to God about it, ask him to show you whether she's the right girl for you or not and what his will is. Don't just dive straight in and do it. Do it with wisdom. And also, do it with her best interests at heart. If neither of you are ready to start a relationship, or unable to do so because of school or wateva reason, then don't show your affections too much towards her because you're just starting something that you can't finish and you'll both suffer because of it. For the time being, just be friends until the right time comes. Redeem the time, remember. Develop your character as a young man or as a young woman, so that when the time comes for you to begin a relationship, you'll have a firm grasp on what your roles are in it. We need this time to grow apart. Everything in God's time.
After Baptism class I needed somewhere to hang until Night Church so Nate, Kate, Rach, Dan, Chin, and myself went to this little half-court in Daceyville and played bball for a while. When we had enough we walked back to Nate's place and watched this spanish game show, translated into indo. lol It was so funny. Time came for us to leave for Night Church (man it's so cool to live in Kingsford!) so Nate, Kate, and I went and Daniel caught a bus home coz it was getting late and he hadn't told his Mum where he was, lol.
After Night Service, Dave, Ingrid, Darwin, Debby, Rose, Kate, Nate, Rav, Leonard, and myself went to dinner at Laksa House. Not my favourite place to eat, but I was sooo starving that I didn't have any reason to complain. Ingrid, Rav, Nate, and Rose had to wait sooo long for their food. I don't understand why it took so long. They only got their food by the time everyone else had finished theirs. We had nice talks and it was good atmosphere.
My parents picked me up after we finished eating, and my Dad was hungry so we went to Ratu Sari. My Dad told me to sit at the front so he could talk to me about driving and etc. He stopped in this little street and told me to drive, and I'm like "What?!? No it's dark!!". Anyway on the way home we talked about what it means to be a christian, how he became a christian, and etc. It was good because I've never really talked about it with my Dad before so I just thought it would be good to find out his view on it. Trying to be more loving and patient with my Dad. We're not that close because I spend a lot of time with my Mum and hardly ever talk to him. So.. I'm making an effort! I've realised more and more that my Dad really does love me, even if I don't always realise it. He stopped again in my area and told me to drive and I'm like "Noo it's dark!!" lol. But I'm glad that he's enthusiastic about teaching me to drive. Before he wasn't so keen about the idea. Don't know what changed his mind? hehe but I'm glad.
I had a really long sleep last night. from 12am to 12pm. hehe. I was half awake when I had this idea for my visual rep! So I quickly woke up and sketched some stuff. Then went to my computer and typed up some stuff. I'm glad that I've finally made a start. The great thing is that I can encorporate what Christianity is and possibly the One Way sign, into my representation, hehe. Does anyone know something that is transparent, but sturdy enough that I could make a 20cm x 10cm cube with it? And also, where I can get those little wooden figurines where you can move their body and put them in different positions?
I'm thinking of getting the double pack of MercyMe's albums Undone & Spoken For. I've been listening to Undone and it's pretty good. Deb's said good stuff about Spoken For as well. PLUS.. Koorong's literally selling 2 for the price of one. If you buy either of them, they're $29.95 each, but if you buy the double pack, then it's only $29.95 for both! How good is that! So maybe next time I go there I'll get it. I always spend too much money when I go to Koorong, lol. But I'd rather spend money on things I can get there than other things like clothes or etc. But my Mum keeps telling me to be careful with my money coz if I keep spending, before I know it it'll be all gone! hehe. She's usually right about these things ;)
I'm so excited about Retreat!! I can't wait!! I especially love when you meet up at church and everyone's got their bags and all, then you get on the bus and talk and sing or play games all the way up to the place. Then going to your cabins. Last year's place was soo cool! This place isn't as good, but it's cheap so I'm not gonna complain. It's gonna be a great weekend with the workshops and talks and free time and all. I don't think there are any bball courts there though, so we'll probably end up playing soccer (well for me that means sitting on the sidelines and watching coz I can't play soccer) which indo guys are typically good at. Also late night talks in the girls room. Oh man.. it can be really embarassing sometimes, lol. Especially when someone asks you who you like or who you last liked or who likes you or wateva! But it's still fun nevertheless. I'm sure none of us will be able to sleep the first night and probably the second as well, but I only start school on Tuesday so I've got time to rest and get ready for school.
Then the next few weeks will be RICE!! So much exciting stuff is happening this month! But anyway.. I have to work my butt off first.
Anyway... I should stop now. Tomorrow I think I'll type up the speech I'm gonna have to say whilst explaining my visual rep. Hopefully I will finish it and can tick that off my list. I've got a few other things I need to do.
Sorry I blogged so much.. hehe. Can't help it *wink*
Monday, July 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, it IS good to live in Kingsford! You can say that again! Yes, it IS good - I'll stop now! :D Janjan, you should driven! I would of! But in reality, I'm not touching the wheel until I have at least two driving lessons with an instructor... You know; that extra brake and all of that... You still should've given it a go! Oh, and about RICE, I'll go, when everyone else says they'll go! Belinda might come to, right?
hey ..
yes im coming to rice.. i am very excited bout it too.. it sounds fun and im sorry i couldnt go to the ones before but im pretty sure i can this time.. i think belinda is coming too.. and maybe tina..
ah man i really need to start doing work..
cyas
Karoh: it was dark!! Yes I think Belinda's coming too but she doesnt read my blog so that's why i didn't put her name in.. hehe.. please come *pouts*
Tommy: okie I will pray for you.. hmm I don't even know what perspex is lol.. think I'll have to think up some other idea.. or use transparencies or glad wrap or something.. lol..
Paols: thanks =).. yeah u already know the retreat place now aye ;)
Sandy: okies I'll change ur addy.. i think night church is pretty cool.. usually Oom Joe I think? But they get guest speakers too.. ask one of the regulars for a second opinion ;)
Jenny: yay! you're coming to rice! And belinda n Tina! so cool! You should be excited coz it's gonna be GREAT! =D aww dw bout missing last years.. this one's gonna be even better! yay I hope you'll be there.. we'll talk bout where to meet up and stuff later yeah.. i'm still not sure myself..
Post a Comment