Monday, January 02, 2006

The Five Love Languages..

I was talking about this with Cindy and Flick before other people arrived on saturday... It's from this book (which I haven't read) which says that there are 5 types of love languages... i.e. 5 ways that people show that they love their husband/wife. There's physical touch (e.g. holding hands, hugs, kisses, etc), words (e.g. compliments, words of affection, etc), acts of service (e.g. cooking for you, driving you places, doing the laundry, etc), time (e.g. spending time with you, going out together, etc), and gifts (e.g. flowers, ps2, jewellery, wateva!). Soooo..... the question is..... What's your love language? i.e. what would make you think to yourself, 'Wow, he/she really loves me!'. And don't say "all".. say the one that would be most important to you.

At first I said time... but now that I've thought about it more... I think that I'm definately an acts of service person. I guess this is because at home, everytime my parents do something for me, like something really selfless, that's when I know and see how much they love me. But I'm also a time person and a physical touch person (hey we're talking about marriage here!!).. words and gifts... ehhh not so important to me. Of course I still need 'em but yeah.. u know.. I reckon I'd feel more loved by the other 3.

So... What's your love language?

No comments: