Guess who's in Indo! Yeah.. that's right.. I'm in Indo until monday night... be back on Tuesday morning. My Opa passed away on umm.. Tuesday night here. We found out at about 2am in the morning on Wednesday. So my mum, dad, and I jetted off with Qantas. Food was good, movies were Into the Blue and Just Like Heaven (yay!). It felt like a really long flight for some reason... lots of turbulence too. But it was fun. My body clock is all over the place.. haven't slept properly for two days now. But it's all good. I've gotten some time to get into A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I'm really liking it, it's very interesting but I'm a tiny little bit lost but I'll figure it out.
Went to see my Opa at the funeral place when we arrived. He looks peaceful, just as if he was sleeping. I'm glad that he didn't suffer much.. and it was his time to go home anyway. God is definately good all the time.
When I came out of the airplane I was really kinda shocked to see so many Indo people (as in, orang asli yah) everywhere. I'm really not used to it. It's a really different atmosphere out here. Makes you realise how much we have to be thankful for in Australia.
At the funeral house there were so many people shaking my family's hands.. I've never shook that many people's hands before!! Now I know what Oom Joni and Oom Joe feel like every Sunday morning.
Got acquainted with some relatives that I've never met before and others that I met a long time ago when I was last here.. that's about 8 years now. Yeah it's definately been a while and everyone has grown and changed. My aunties and cousins from my Mum's side were so glad and surprised that I could speak some Indo. They were scared that I couldn't and they wouldn't be able to talk to me.. but I survived. Man it takes a lot of thought and energy for me to speak in Indo.. getting the accent right and remembering what words to say. I think I embarassed myself a couple of times there. But it was really good to meet my cousins and practice my Indo.
We're staying at my Dad's older sister's house in Alfa Indah so my relatives from my Dad's side came over to visit today. My cousin, who got married and had two boys since I last saw her included. Her boys are sooo gorgeous. I took some photos and a video so I'll put them up when I get back. My 3 year old nephew has a girlfriend already! Can you believe it! And according to him she's cantik! Waaahhh... lol. Kids grow up fast these days huh.
Not sure what else we're gonna do here. Going to the funeral house again today. Then the actual funeral, burying, cemetery thing is tomorrow. After that we'll have a few more days to spend so... I'm hoping someone will take me to Taman Anggrek (I dunno how to spell it!) and to eat Hokka Hokka Bento. I missed that so much since the last time I was here.
The more time I spend here the more Indo I feel. At first it's kinda hard to adjust but I think.. yeah after a while you get used to being here and the culture and how to talk and act. I'm being really careful with what I eat here because we didn't have time to get injections or anything so apparently no chilli =(. I've been hearing a lot about this stuff called formalin or something like that.. and how baso sapi is like mixed with rats meat and mice meat... *shudder*. I guess you never know do you? hehe. Speaking of really disgusting food stuff.. Jemz should post a nice little story on his blog soon. I think you'll enjoy it =P. Lol.. but you know.. my bro says that they're actually healthy.. lots of protein ;) hahaha.
Anyway.. I guess I'm enjoying my time here.. though of course I do miss my bed and my shower and oh yeah... you guys.. lol... but it's good to be back visiting. I don't think I'll be back for a while after this. Man it's so expensive to go to Indo now! Hoping to go shopping though while I'm here. Ada pesenan nga? Can't guarantee that I'll get it though. Oh and btw Cindy.. I bought Close-Up toothpaste coz you're right it's really good! hehe.
My cousin that I'm staying with has the cutest dog (yes huey, cuter than yours.. hehe =P)! He's a pomeranian! Gorgeous!! Photos and video coming soon.
Hmm I was really looking forward to this weekend (in Sydney I mean). But I guess this has reminded me of how feeble we are. As in, we can make plans and say that tomorrow we wanna do this or that.. but the reality is we're not in control of our lives. Things can happen just like that, and you have to change your plans. And also.. don't procrastinate!! Because lol.. if you leave your school work to the last week.. something might come up and you won't be able to do it! Lol.
Anyways.. gonna go.. peace out and I'll cya guys soon!
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment