Happy New Year everyone! Man it is good to be home! Lol.. not that I didn't have a great time.. But hang on a sec.. let me rewind back to new year's eve.
In the morning I caught a train with my Mum to Koorong to get Jadon Lavik's album before it sold out. Planning on giving it to my brother but having a bit of listen to it before hand (haha). Afterwards caught train and bus to Cindy's place. I got there about 3pm and only Flick was there. So we talked for a while.. very interesting conversations I must say.. except the parts where Flick pulled my strings. People started arriving at who knows what time.. I really wasn't paying attention to the clock. Maybe round 7?
Ate nice satay, crab claws, rissoles, and lasagne. As it got later.. we noticed that we weren't the only ones enjoying a feast... the mozzies had arrived! Woohoo.. not! Lol.. in the lounge room people were playing Buzz (which I sucked at! It's the old songs I swear!!) and in the other room people were playing Singstar.. and outside people were playing Big 2. Then people started watching You Got Served and Nsync video clips (wat da?!?!).. so.. stuck between karaoke.. mozzies.. and boy bands... I really didn't know what to do. So I just sorta floated around between all three until midnight came and we all watched the fireworks display and said Happy New Year to everyone. We lit sparkles outside and played around with those for a few minutes.. then they all ran out.. so we started toasting marshmallows.. mmm very nice. It's almost becoming a tradition with us.. hehe.
Then we teased Nate and Flick a bit for talking alone in a dark corner of Cindy's place.. lol.. the whole thing about how leaders aren't supposed to date any of us while we're under the age of 18.
Later Chin, Michelle, Cindy and I decided to hang inside the tents that people had set up in Cindy's back yard. It was really fun and cozy in there. We started talking about what else but BGRs (i.e. boy/girl relationships)... lol then Sam and Jemz went into the tent next to us.. and really wanted to join in the convo.. so we crammed 6 people in our tent that's supposed to sleep 3 people. Wouldn't have been that bad if it wasn't so stuffy. But that was definately the most fun part of the night. Later Alison, Rav and Darwin joined in. I think the convo all started with the question of whether any of us would go out with a bule (caucasian) guy/girl. I really love just sitting around together in a small group and talking.. it's the most fun thing you can do at a party I reckon.
We were out there until about 3 or 4am I think.. and then we went inside to talk some more and eat fruit salad whilst everyone else was watching A Walk to Remember. Then at about 4 I think they finished watching and some of us watched Finding Neverland. Then Cindy had to kick out all the guys coz they had to sleep separately from the girls.. poor guys slept in the kitchen and dining room... kasihan banget!.. by the time the movie was half way through, the sun was already rising. It felt so weird that I hadn't slept at all all night... and then the sun was already beginning to rise. It's so much harder for me to sleep when there's light around.. I need almost pitch darkness.. unless I'm dead tired.. then I could sleep almost anywhere. So I think I finally slept at about 5:30 or 6am.... and I could still hear the guys talking in the other room. I slept on the floor on my sleeping bag.. not very comfortable but good enough.. Sometime later during the morning Flick and Alison got off the couch.. and I sorta half consciously moved and slept on the couch... my butt was hurting so bad from sleeping on the tiled floor! Lol.. and then when I was half awake again.. Alison was sleeping on the floor on my blanket.. haha sorry!!
Finally got up at about 9:30am and ate a little bit of food.. then we watched The Terminal until most of the parents came to pick up people. Then when we'd finished Rav, Alison, Tommy and Sam left.. and I stayed and slept again on Cindy's couch from about 12:30 to 4pm. I felt all hot and sweaty but could still sleep. Rav and Sam came back at 4 after they had their little adventure (hehe) and picked Cindy and I up for Night Church. The moment I stept out I was wining like crazy! It was soooo unbelievably hot.. seriously like a furnace!! Just crazy!! We were sitting in Church fanning ourselves and I was literally sweating all over.. it was horrible! Then afterwards we went to Jemz place for dinner.. watched Smallville.. lol.. which I'm really getting into now.. and went home soon after with Manda.
Had a good weekend, even though I didn't get much sleep.. it was still fun and worth it. Thanks so much to Cindy for all the trouble she went to.. and all her family too.. so generous.
Something I was thinking about is how I really want some really close girl friends.. or one at least! I love my friends from school (really guys, I do!!!!) but I think just the fact that I can't share the christian part of my life with them.. doesn't really quite fulfill my need to have really close girl friends. But other than that, my school friends are exactly the kind of friends I want.. like people you can talk to about anything and just be honest to eachother and have fun with!
Then there's girls from church... whom I equally love.. but I think I just find it difficult to really trust someone that much.. and I guess you'd really need to have a lot of things in common with them, well at least that's what I think.. and I dunno. It's just good to have girl friends that you can talk to about deep and meaningfuls.
I think humans are made to desire companionship with other humans.. it's just the way we're wired. So in saying that.. I think that I'm definately human!
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment