Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Thank you thank you thank you!

Wow what a busy week! I forgot to post about UNSW Open Day so here's just a little bit about it.. I was talking to this guy at the psych booth about what my options are and stuff if I don't make it into the actual BPsych (UAI 95.05) and found out that I can still study psych through BScience (Adv) which has a much lower UAI and still be eligible to get full registration as a psychologist although it is much harder. Also found out that being selected to continue onto Masters (years 5-6) is extremely competitive and in order to do clinical psychology you really have to do a Masters so I think I might scrap that idea.

Anyway.. I'm not sure whether I wanna be a full on psych counselling people all the time... think I'm the type of person that would be affected emotionally by other people's problems. Well anyway.. I thought about another of my options, and that's to combine BScience majoring in Psych with BEducation so that when I finish I'll be qualified to be a teacher and also to be a counsellor. That'd take about 6 years too in total though.. and I'm not really sure if I wanna be a high school teacher (i'm scared my students would eat me alive!) but well.. Deb and Steph were saying that they thought that I'd make a good teacher so that was kinda encourageing hehe.... so yeah I'm really really thinking of doing that. Not sure what I would teach. I think I'd rather teach Biology than anything else?

Ok so that's it about Open Day and Uni and etc..

Saturday was great! Thanks for coming everyone and for your lovely presents!!! I wanted to open them in front of you guys but sorta couldn't find the right time. But yeah, if you would like to know what I got than here you go:
  • Music Inspired by Narnia from Paoley. It's great I'm really loving it Paolz thank you so much!!! It's AWESOME! =D
  • Pride & Prejudice Soundtrack from Debby & Darwin. Thaaaaaanks guys I'm loving that too! It's excellent and I was thinking of buying it =)
  • Money from Flick & Neil and Natasha. Haha always in need of money ;)
  • A Tale of Two Cities & a Westfield voucher from Kathleen, Nathan and Rachel. Thanks guys!! Sooo much!! Haha. I haven't started reading it yet but I'll let you know when I do ;).. and what I get with the voucher hehe.
  • These awesome Bangles from Tommy. They're really cool. I love the sound they make! Thank you. And the card too, that was fantastic!
  • Two brown gypsie belts and PJ's from Baby Steph and Daniel. The belts are excellent guys, just what I wanted.. coincidence aye ;).. lol. Thank you so much!!
  • Lifesong by Casting Crowns from Jemz and Sam. Thanks guys. I haven't listened to it really well yet but don't worry I will and then I'll let you know how much I love it! =P
  • PJ's from Chin and an awesome letter hehehe. I loved it!! So sweet! Thanks Chin!
  • A Footprints Journal from Manda. Thanks man it'll definately come in handy! I love writing in my journal hehe.
  • A Polo RL shirt from Sandy. =D Thanks honey!! Man you must have HEAPS of those!! hehe. It's really cool. I'll wear it when it gets colder ;)
  • A skirt from Michelle and Nicholas. Thanks guys it's a beautiful skirt! I've been wanting a brown skirt for a while now ;)
  • KFC from Cindy and Steph (I think it was from both of you) haha.. yeah I'm gonna count that as a present lol. Thaaaanks for feeding all those hungry ppl!!
Wow I've never said thank you so much! hehe. Thanks again everyone!! =P

We were watching Gilmore girls and I can't believe Rory & Dean!! Aiyah!! She's supposed to be all innocent!! How could she?!?! Aww but I'm glad that Luke and Lorelai are finally getting together!!!! Makes this season worth watching!!

On Sunday there was still no One Way in the morning, so I went to Eastgardens to watch Just Like Heaven with Kate, Debby, Chin, Baby Steph, Jemz, Sam, and Nate. It was such a good GOOD movie!! It was sooo sad and sweet and funny. Excellent story, very emotional, very sentimental. Just the way I like 'em! hehe. Definately worth seeing and the best romantic comedy I've seen this year (haha even though it is the only one in 06)! Brilliant! Loved it!

Afterwards we met up with Tommy, then we sat at Lello's and I ate Wellbeing's chicken sandwich. It is sooo nice and healthy. I recommend it to everyone! Then off we went to Night Church. Deb sent us girls by car (to teach the guys how to be gentlemen and to how to be loving to their wives). We got their about 20 minutes early so we decided to sit out the back and have a girl chat. Always fun to do. Then we heard the music started and rushed into the church. I sat up the front with Chin and I dunno.. somehow I felt more involved in the service than sitting up the back. I'm definately gonna sit up there from now on.. it's the best seat in the house! hehe.

Oom Joe's talk was really really good. It's been a while since a talk has actually touched me. I dunno why, I haven't been that moved lately?? Maybe coz it was a topic I'd been thinking about, which was 'Is there room for Pleasure in our lives?'. Very interesting. But now I have a lot of questions about it.. hehe. I dunno.. I think I'd really like to hear talks about growing more in Christ and not really about, being saved and all that stuff. I mean, not that that part isn't important it's just that I feel like I already know how we're saved and etc etc.. but I wanna know how I should be living now that I have been saved?

The concluding question really got me. "Are you living a God-centred life, or a me-centred life?". Hmm... good question.

Anyway.. yesterday, which was Monday if you've lost track.. I went to Kate's house and then we went to meet up with the others in the city to have lunch. Kenneth and Cindy payed for our lunch, how nice!! Thanks guys!! We ate at a Jap place called Sakura-Teh (or something like that) near QVB. Then I got time to read up on Integration because I haven't touched it in like 3 weeks and it was good to refresh my mind and sorta get into the studying mood.. although I'm not entirely in it yet. Then afterwards people wanted to go to Galaxy World but Nate, Kate, Dan and I decided to go to Darling Harbour lol.. sorry to the others that wanted to play Daytona and wateva. It was really nice just sitting and talking.. then when the others came Paolz and I got Gelato. Mmm.. then after a while we left to go to Capitol. Then I had to go home because I was going out with my family for dinner.

We ate at Cafe Sydney in Customs House. Omgosh it has the nicest view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. The food was excellent! Delicious. I ordered the Tandoori Blue Eye-Cod with spinach, raita (i think it was this white indian sauce) , eggplant and chutney. That's not actually what they called it on the menu but that's pretty much what it was. Mmmm it was BEAUTIFUL!!! And I tried a bit of a Rasberry Mochito and the Cafe Sydney Lounge cocktail. Mmm they were pretty nice. Then we had the desert platter which had 4 different types of desert and mmmm they were excellent too. Except this pudding that had cherry liquor (or what tasted like glue to me). Definately worth the money. And the waitor who served us had really nice arms too =P lol.

Today I woke up determined to finish my Economics Case Study Essay on Brazil. Gosh is that one a doozy! I got as far as the intro and couldn't take it anymore. I mean.. it's interesting stuff.. it's just I keep hearing my teacher's voice in my head. Seriously it's like nothing is ever good enough. There's no pleasing him. I have no idea what he wants from us!?!?!? So.. might try again another day. (sigh)

Tomorrow I'm planning on going to Uni.. doing some maths exercises.. then going for a few laps in the pool. Gonna be good to get out of the house. I can't stand it. I have no self-discipline. Well, if I do then I don't have much. I dunno I just don't really like studying in a house all alone.. I feel so lonely? I need to be around people. Maybe the library at Uni will do the trick. But yeah.. we shall see.

Okies anyway.. Here's some photos from Saturday ;)


Manda, Sandy, Baby Steph, Chin


Flick, Steph, Kate


Jemz, Sam, Nate, Tommy, B.Steph, Me, Kate, Manda


B.Steph, Me, Kate, Manda


Jemz enjoying the movie.. =P


Me and my cake!!


Blowing out the candles!! Woohoo!
Apparently I'm a very jolly good fellow =P.
Thanks for that guys =D


No comments: