Saturday, January 28, 2006

Everyone has their story..

Ever wonder, "Why is this person like that?" or "Why do they do this or that?"? Well I was watching North and South, which is a BBC adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's novel, and was really good btw... and I guess you just realise watching it that... no one is the way they are without a reason. I mean, you can dismiss a person and put all these labels on them without questioning why they behave the way they do. But I think that.. everyone has their story. We're not just who we are for no reason.. our experiences make or break us. To every trait and characteristic, I'm positive that there's a story behind it.

So I guess, before we simply say, "this person's spoilt" or "this person's a grouch" or "this person's a prude" or "this person's critical" or "this person's a bad-character".. we should really think about why they're like that.. and maybe we could actually get to understand that person better.. and to see where they're coming from.. what the story is behind it. We're not two-dimensional. We have emotions, thoughts, moods, experiences. You cannot sum a person up with a simple word or even many words for that matter.. we're much too complex for that. So maybe that's something to think about before we attempt to put labels on the people we know.

Just something I was thinking about.

No comments: