Sunday.. had no duties for Remaja... or should I say now..... One Way! yeah... our cool new name. Had a quick bite at Randwick, sang Happy Birthday to Darwin.. and ate cake, but I gave mine away to Rav. Didn't like the rum taste. And Damon kept giving me a hard time about offending Deb's Mum that apparently made it =P. Nothing personal Tante (hehe)
Then after Bible Study, off we rushed to Hoyts Eastgardens to watch the final installment of the Star Wars saga. Glad that Tommy decided to give it a go, even if he didn't quite like it. I thought it was awesome by the way! I definately wasn't disappointed. (Warning: may contain spoilers!) There were some substantial improvements from the second episode. For example Hayden's acting, and the corniness of the love scenes. George Lucas is a genius for writing that plot, but not some of the dialogue. Nevertheless, I thought it delivered the important parts, i.e. the parts that we've all been waiting to see, very well. How cool was it when they put the Darth Vader mask on him for the first time, and you could hear that spine chilling breath of his. My spine was definately tingling! The fights were awesome! Visual effects were great! Loved Ewan McGregor (and his beautiful accent! hehe). I think George Lucas did a great job of bringing everything together.
When I got home, I watched Episode V again, hahaha, to make me feel a bit better because the Episode III ending was soooo depressing! I only have V and VI so I couldn't watch IV =(
Monday morning, Episode III was the hot topic on my friend's and I's lips. One of my friends (bit of a fan aswell) hadn't seen it yet, so had to try and keep it hush hush, but we just couldn't help ourselves. Sorry Nayna! But she saw it today.. so first thing tomorrow.. we'll talk.. no worries.. hehe.
Another friend of mine kindly lent me Sense & Sensibility and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (after reading that I wanted to see it desperately). Havent had time to watch S&S yet, but I did watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It was very different, strange movie. Not like anything I've seen before. Very well filmed. The plot was complex, but highly interesting. The director's vision is totally awesome. You go into Jim Carrey's memory and he really portrays what our memories look and feel like extremely well. Jim Carrey was actually pretty good, and Kate Winslet got the whole american accent thing going. Made me forget that she was british for a second there. In the end, the story is quite sweet, and definately not your typical romantic comedy.
I'm reading this book called Temple by Matthew Reilly (australian author). He's such a good writer. I read another book of his called Ice Station and it was very very good. His books are sort of cross between thriller/action/fantasy/sci-fi (not really too sci-fi) and what have you. They're excellent. A bit graphic, but the stories are just incredible. It's like you're being immersed in this other world. I love it! Give 'em a go if you have a chance, they're excellent books.
Hmm.. what else has been going on. I've got a two exam marks back and I'm quite satisfied. Can't really ask for more. Just have to wait and see for the rest of them, hehe. The usual school routine is starting to kick in again, but I still feel like I'm a bit in holiday mood.
That's all for now.. just wanted to catch you guys up. Hope you're still awake! *wink*
One Way to be saved remember!
By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. —Ephesians 2:8
btw.. the verses or quotes that I sometimes end my posts with might not have anything to do with the previous post content. I just thought I'd end all my posts on a nice note, and hopefully God's word might touch someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment