Friday, May 06, 2005

I just realised something..

I suck at problem solving with bearings in trigonometry.. dunno why.. I just don't get it! (frustrated!)

I watched The Da Vinci thing yesterday. It was pretty lame. Their claims are stupid, yes. The show was extremely dramatised. I find it hard to understand how people can get so much out of a work of fiction. I think the author himself is shocked at the public reaction. There's a course at Sydney Uni!?!? That's crossing the line. It was an interesting and thrilling book to read and all, but I'd definately draw a big fat line there.

Today was just your usual high school day.. oh, except my economics teacher prepared tea, coffee, and milo, plus biscuits and cheese crackers (with cheese) for our break between our double period. I thought it was very nice of him.


On a sadder note (which might not seem so sad to you), my english teacher related some news to us today of quite a distressing nature (for me at least). We have presently been studying Jane Austen's novel Pride & Prejudice (need I say more?), but discovered that our teacher had accidentally (or perhaps due to overexcitement) overlooked the fact that this term we are supposed to be doing a critical study of... wait for it... a poem *rolls eyes*.. and the comparison of two texts (i.e. Pride & Prejudice and Bridget Jones' Diary) is the topic for next term. So, after much excitment and many enjoyable english classes, our study of P&P is to be postponed until next term, and on Monday we will resume with the poetry of Ted Hughes (of whom I have never heard before).
Yes. That is my tragic story to tell. I won't be surprised if any of you don't feel the same agony I do. Lol. In the meanwhile however, I am resolved on reading Sense & Sensibility (another Jane Austen novel for those of you that don't know) and might even be so bold as to try reading Emma again - I failed on my last attempt.
I'm worried that my love for P&P is bordering on obsession. Lol. One upside is that I can officially say I am not a member of the Jane Austen Society (apparently it does exist!).

Tomorrow I shall be attending my school's athletics carnival, which is supposed to be compulsory, but never really is. None of my friends are going (isn't that right guys!). I asked my Mum yesterday whether I should go. She said yes, so I said ok, i'll go. So I'm going. One of my friends (who's not in my group but still a friend... group politics, don't get me started) is going so I won't be completely nigelated.

My weekend shall chiefly be spent doing maths homework (if I can get the hang of bearings that is), writing out notes for my half yearlies, and attending Victor and Lydia's wedding reception in the absence of my Dad, which means I'll probably be able to catch up with Glorya (yay!).

Anyway, must get back to studying now.
Ciao!

1 comment:

manda said...

Welcome back buddy-o! Thought we lost ya there for a sec! =P