Ever find that when you need to study, the last thing in the world that you wanna do.. is exactly that. Lately I've found myself surrounded by endless distractions, which is probably my own fault.
Firstly, I've been engrossed in Sense & Sensibility. I must admit it's not quite as exhilarating as P&P and the characters aren't as lovable, but it's a good book nonetheless. I just love the setting of Jane Austen's books. Takes me away to another world, lol, but often I find it difficult getting back. My Mum's 'knitting buddy' has kindly offered to lend me the BBC series of it on video. If you're wondering what I mean by 'knitting buddy', she catches the same train as us in the morning, and she usually knits. Noticing that my Mum does the same, they got talking one day, and now, whenever we catch the train they knit together or you know, chat about work, the weekend, relatives, etc etc. She also loves Jane Austen so when she discovered I was reading P&P and S&S, she was very eager to lend me the BBC series of both (though I declined on P&P since I'd already borrowed it from a friend at school).
I'm happy to say that my obsession with P&P has slowly begun to subside, though I will always feel the fondest love for it.
Star Wars, argh! yet another distraction! I've been counting the days 'til it's release and not a day has gone by in which my friends and I have not felt compelled to sing the Star Wars (trilogy) theme with high spirits, at one point or another during the course of the day.
Blogging, has in fact, revealed itself to be another distraction for me. I thought I wouldn't be blogging too often and yet here I am, blogging, within an hour of my last post.
Studying is definately, a heavy burden to carry at the moment. But, you just gotta do what you have to do right!
Btw, for Harry Potter fans out there, I'm sure you're aware that the teaser trailer for the Goblet of Fire is out, but just incase you've been in hyperspace or something for the last few days, you can see it here. If I'm not mistaken, there's a short glimpse of Cedric Diggory, and my friends are madly in love with him. I won't be surprised if he turns out to be not so good looking in the film though. Anyway, it looks good! Watch it when you get the chance.
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh sorry.. I just found out there's a better view of the trailer at www.mugglenet.com .. just go there and find it.. =D
yea.. well for me, I suppose it's a bit to do with lack of sleep... but I think it's just.. laziness... makes me sleepy ;) lol..
Paols... sorry I didn' answer your question did I. According to my sources, the book comes out July 16th and the movie comes out in November.
With studying, I suppose it's a matter of 1) discipline; and 2) finding out what's best for you (as in the best way for you to study) and doing it.. hehe
Post a Comment