Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Work up a sweat

I went to the Uni gym today for the first time. The opportunity arose when the time for sport choices for Term 2 arrived. Gym was something new, something none of my friends had ever done, so, in a moment of spontaneity, we decided to go for it! Unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, I have no embarassing stories to entertain you with. It was just your usual workout (or so I assume). I am clueless about the majority of machines there, except of course, the treadmill. I did venture to try the bicycle (great fun!), that stepping thing where you pull these handles which move the things you're standing on, the bicycle thing where the pedals are in front of you, and that rowing type machine where you pull the metal bar and your seat slides back and forth as you pull. Quite an enjoyable experience and yes, did work up a bit of a sweat (the towel from Retreat 2004 came in handy after all.. lol)

No comments: