Sunday, May 08, 2005

Love you Mum..

I spent my saturday afternoon writing out study notes, as planned, and doing my maths hw. I think I've got the hang of bearings now, lol.

Went to Victor and Lydia's wedding at night. Didn't feel like getting too dressed up since we had to go by public transport, but when I got there, I felt a bit under dressed. Anyway, the newlyweds seemed like a very mature, godly couple, and as Rose (maid of honour) said in her speech (or was it Adi?), Victor seems to be a very respectable, committed, single-minded (on God that is) kinda guy. Hmm... how nice.

Didn't get home 'til quite late, and slept even later because I felt like having a shower. Had to wake up early in the morning and go with my parents to the airport (my dad had a pick-up) and catch a 400 from International. Got to church reasonably early I suppose.

The talk was alright. Not as energetic as last week's, but considering that Darwin had to be the MC for the wedding, I think it was good stuff. One thing I got out of it was the fact that having believed that out of love for us, God sent Jesus into the world to take our punishment, we can now be called children of God. I think that's pretty awesome and a great comfort. To know how great God's love for us is, and to know that he is extremely trustworthy, gets me through the bad things in life. There's nothing else that we can put our trust in, except His righteousness alone. On that, my hope is built. (are you humming the song in your head now? hehe)

Today did feel like quite a slow day though. Remaja seemed to be quiet without the pre-teens around, but even so, I thought we had more people than that. I was a bit lost in Growth Groups (lol!). The questions in the booklet seem so general, so I couldn't quite catch what exactly they were asking. The videos add a new dynamic to bible study though, so that's cool.

Manda burnt me a copy of Remaja's version of Amazing Race. I finally got it to work, after much frustration, but it still lags. Hmm.. either the file's too big or the format's not right. Anyway, by the few seconds that I saw before it started to lag, I think Manda did a real good job editing. It's about 1 hour long! That's pretty good I reckon. Now I'm just dying to see it, and unfortunately I'll have to wait another week.
Oh well.. they say patience is a virtue afterall.

School tomorrow. I think I have a biology exam. *rolls eyes*. Thing about study notes is... you have to actually study them. Something I should work on.

Just remembered, it's mother's day. I don't really "celebrate" mother's day. I think it should be mother's day everyday. Why is it that we're encouraged to love our mothers on one day only? Buying presents is sweet and all, but I'd rather just be a good daughter to my Mum. Not that I always am, but, I'm trying, hehe. Besides, it's cost effective as well. Anyway, it's a good reminder to me to thank God for giving me such a loving Mum, but sometimes words just aren't enough. I'm glad that someday, God willing, I'll be a mum to some unfortunate child (lol!). It has it's downsides (i.e. labour, changing nappies, not getting enough sleep), but I think the rewards are infinately greater. Plus, I think being a mother builds your character. Anyway, to all the mums out there, keep at it; your children love you, even if they don't always show it, hehe.

Ciao!

1 comment:

Jen said...

woops.. the video's not actually an hour long... it's just coz the visuals lag.. lol... btw manda if u ever read this.. maybe you should try recording it to a video tape?